Quantcast
NYC June 21 or 22 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NYC June 21 or 22

Son, I think we are six, should i call the restaurant and make the reservation?

( looking forward to meeting you in person, still owe you one for that tip about scoring a ticket for the food show :- ) )

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Dude I like cheese stuffed bacon wrapped hot dogs stuffed inside cheesesteaks tempura fried till crispy and seasoned with ranch a packet.
    I'll bring the Rolaids.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Wow, what a night. Three plus hours of good food, good company and looking at and talking about knives and other things. There were almost as many knives on the table last night as there were at the ECG the other week. I can only imagine what some of the patrons were thinking with that arsenal lying there.

A special thanks to Son, our most gracious host. You outdid yourself. Thank you my friend.

It would really be great if some other chefs in the area would consider hosting nights like this. I tried to start just such gatherings many months ago with a post, but it didn't get off the ground. Maybe this time?
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Wow, 3 hours being entertained by Son? That makes for a truly memorable evening! As far as getting other KKF cooks to host, in my experience the best thing is for you to pick a couple, reach out to them, and do the bulk of the legwork yourself. These guys are usually too busy to worry about drumming up people, etc., but always seem to excel at handling whatever size group you can organize, often following a 'chef's choice' type of menu.

Great time the dinner table atmosphere made for a whirlwind of in going conversations, great stuff. Son was great, Marko him and I went and had some late night stale donuts after...nothing like a downtown donut shop at 1am. Hope to see you guys soon.
    Rick at last ones sneaking out by ourselves...although we did all close the place.

It was awesome indeed, Son was a great host and the new (only 3 weeks on the job she said), very sweet waitress handled a bunch of knife nuts with great aplomb.Food was awesome, ribs to die for. Got to meet a bunch of people and pick up my new extra long nakari that Marko made for me - I'll post pictures of that beauty when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    I'll post pictures of that beauty when I get home
    Of the waitress or the nakari?
    I'm a sucker for the Irish girls