Japanese Knives Gengetsu Semi-Stainless 210mm and 240mm Restock

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
Just got some Gengetsu back in stock after a super long wait... sadly only 2 types, but they are awesome ones nonetheless :)

Both are the stainless clad, semi-stainless core ones... 210mm and 240mm Wa-Gyutos. Here are the links below:

Gengetsu 210mm Semi-Stainless Wa-Gyuto
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...ngetsu/gengetsu-210mm-stainless-wa-gyuto.html

Gengetsu 240mm Semi-Stainless Wa-Gyuto
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com...ngetsu/gengetsu-240mm-stainless-wa-gyuto.html

Stock is EXTREMELY LIMITED

Jon, do you know when is this going to restock?
Decided to purchase one and find out nothing left...

Jon, do you know when is this going to restock?
Decided to purchase one and find out nothing left...

it took 2.5 years for this order to finally come in... no clue when the next one will be coming, but we still have a lot on order... sorry about that. We had a lot and they went quick.

I bet it has something to do with the fact that they are amazing :D

Just sayin..... :spin chair:

Jon,
I'm very happy to have jumped in to snag one from the recent batch before they sold out! Here are some photos I took of my 240 gyuto when I first got it last month, very impressed by it.
It's a very sexy profile, it seems more lithe in person than how it comes across on your website. Blade also seems thinner, very much of a finesse knife for me, getting very thin at the tip. I know you don't like to talk specifics, but this batch seems a bit more refined, slimmer than the example on your site? Or perhaps I'm reading into it too much with my excitement.

we are always trying to improve things... to be honest though, they arent that far off from our original run.

Back