I`m about buying knives.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naclice

Reaction score
done with Shun Classic, Misono ux 10 and Suisin Chef knives. but seems like little expensive than others and no reasonable prices.

my budget is about $1,000 for knives sets. like chef knife, boning, fillet, petit knife and steel.

Which brand would you recommend for me? I know misono is over price and some of shun or suisin too. but, I don't know. I`m kind of professional cook and need really sharp knives. Every time I go cutlery shop, they show me a lot of cheap knives like Mac or Wusthof or something like that. I know those also good, but need more like professional and sharp knives.

It would also be a good idea to throw out the idea of a knife set. They come with a lot of extra knives that you do not necessarily need.

If you do a search on the forum, you'll see there have been a lot of similar inquiries, and 90% of us will tell you that anything other than a good gyuto, a petty, and some sharpening stones are a waste of money. For well under $1000 you can get some very high-end stuff.

Call Jon at JapaneseKnife Imports I'm sure he can get you going under budget and discuss needs and wants.

Don't know what kind of cooking you do or what profession you are in, but knife sets totally suck. And not in the good pleasing way that I pay a couple hundred bucks for to put a smile on my face. I mean more in a what the hell am I going to do with all of this extra crap. Nothing worse then being in a situation where you can't sell it, give it away, or safely throw it away.

My first suggestion is to follow a simple quote. "One knife to rule them all!".

My second suggestion is to go back to the first, oldest thread of this forum, and work your way forward in time, thread by thread, post by post, until you find the answer you seek.

Tread carefully when in the valley of Shigefusa and mystical forest of Mizu-Honyaki.

Back