About Se Ecglast "The Sword's Edge"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Edge

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I wanted to share a little about myself and a little about the business I just started!

Se Ecglast is from Old English meaning "The Sword's Edge"

I founded the company earlier this year from my passion for cooking and kitchen knives. I've been cooking since I was 7 years old, when my parents put me on a step stool and handed me a knife. That first dish I learned how to cook was chilli, and it helped me learn about different spices, and developing flavor. I have spent some time in a professional kitchen, and while it wasn't for me, I still hold a deep passion for food, and love to cook for friends and family. Most of what I cook today depends on my mood, and what vegetables I can get fresh and in season. I've found a good kitchen knife to be invaluable when preparing a meal. Not only does it lend to preserving the integrity of the food I'm preparing, it also makes things easier and more enjoyable. The more I dive down this rabbit hole of handcrafted artisan knives, the more I'm inspired by the dedication and passion each of these guys/gals has.

I will eventually start making my own knives, but in the mean time, I look forward to sharing with you truly fascinating pieces from makers that have taken the time to do things right. There is so much knowledge and detail that goes into the making of just a single knife, that it is overwhelming at points. Spending time, just talking with a knife maker, you can easily fill a notebook on what to do. Yet, that knowledge usually doesn't even touch the deep well of research they have spent years upon years of cultivating. I feel proud to be a part of this community, and look forward to what is to come.

Thank you for sharing an interest and taking the time to read!

Taylor Edgerton

Congrats Taylor. Great to have you on board as a vendor and best of luck in your knife making ventures. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Congrats Taylor. Great to have you on board as a vendor and best of luck in your knife making ventures. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

I appreciate it Chris! It's been a pleasure to follow your works paying it forward!

Best of luck, looking forward to seeing your offerings.

A hui hou,
Mikey

Taylor!
What, how did I miss this? Congrats!

Taylor!
What, how did I miss this? Congrats!

Thanks JW! I've got lots of goodies for you to see now :). I was going to text you shortly anyway as it's been a while. Need to hang out again. Maybe do a Reno knife event of some sort.

Yes, let's do it!
Though... we may be the only 2 true knife nuts in a couple hundred square miles, Lol.

I haven't added much to my heard, a Gengetsu (but you already have one), and some Harners (a bullnose and steak knife set). I would surely like to see what you have hanging around though.

You still have my number?

Yes, let's do it!
Though... we may be the only 2 true knife nuts in a couple hundred square miles, Lol.

I haven't added much to my heard, a Gengetsu (but you already have one), and some Harners (a bullnose and steak knife set). I would surely like to see what you have hanging around though.

You still have my number?

Yeah, I still have your number. Is your Del still at your parent's house? I don't think I've seen that one yet. I have found at least one other knife knut in town, but I'm looking to get more people in to how great these knives are, (not just in performance) but inspiration wise, when it comes to cooking. It will probably be sometime in late August or September, as I'm helping my g/f fix up the house she just bought, and right after I have a trip planned that will take me out of town for a week. I'll probably be able to host this time, and I'll come up with some good food (maybe some more wine) that we can enjoy. I'll be in touch shortly though!

Taylor. Sorry Im late to the party. But happy to say Congrats and its awesome to see you moving forward with this. I am sure your passion will cutivate great success.

Your web site looks great BTW!

God Bless
Randy

Taylor. Sorry Im late to the party. But happy to say Congrats and its awesome to see you moving forward with this. I am sure your passion will cutivate great success.

Your web site looks great BTW!

God Bless
Randy

Thanks Randy! I love seeing your work and WIPs. Some day I'll make it that direction and start seeing all you guys in that area :) Happy belated birthday! Glad to hear you had a great time.

Taylor

Yeah, I still have your number. Is your Del still at your parent's house? I don't think I've seen that one yet. I have found at least one other knife knut in town, but I'm looking to get more people in to how great these knives are, (not just in performance) but inspiration wise, when it comes to cooking. It will probably be sometime in late August or September, as I'm helping my g/f fix up the house she just bought, and right after I have a trip planned that will take me out of town for a week. I'll probably be able to host this time, and I'll come up with some good food (maybe some more wine) that we can enjoy. I'll be in touch shortly though!

Sounds good! I will look forward to it.

And yes... I've got a few Dels kicking around these days, and a mokume ring in process. So Mr Ealy will be well represented on the evening.

Latest posts

Back