Thread: NYC

NYC

I am thinking of getting a job in the city, Chef that is, I just don't know where to look anyone willing to help a fellow Chef out

whats your background/experience,what kind of restaurant/position you looking for.I worked in NYC for three years just got back from visiting for a week and met up with all my old chef mates who are doing quite well in the buisiness if you give me a bit more info I might be able to hook you up with some trial shifts.
    To be honest its pretty easy to find a job as a chef in NYC as long as you have the right experience ,work ethic and dont mind being underpaid for 14hour days on top a gruelling commute(just kidding)

I graduated from culinary school, started from the bottom, as a dishwasher of course, done everything pretty much from garde Manger to saute to grill, worked in fine dining the past 4 years maybe more

Where do your friends work?

A couple work for Jean-Georges ,another works at Craft .I know its quite difficult to get a position at Jean-Georges unless you have Michelin Star background or are willing to work your way up.Craft I would have to e-mail my mate.But the other Jean- Georges places such as Spice Market are normally looking a friend of mine is the exec there, pm me if any of this sounds like an option to you.

Quote Originally Posted by matt79 View Post
    A couple work for Jean-Georges ,another works at Craft .I know its quite difficult to get a position at Jean-Georges unless you have Michelin Star background or are willing to work your way up.Craft I would have to e-mail my mate.But the other Jean- Georges places such as Spice Market are normally looking a friend of mine is the exec there, pm me if any of this sounds like an option to you.
    just did some research on craft looks like a cool place, but looks hard to get a foot in the door?

I do not want to spam this thread, but I have a message for matt79 and his PM box is full. Sorry for the disturbance.

A job is the easy part but good luck with housing & cost of living, thats the part that takes a while to work out

http://newyork.craigslist.org/search/fbh

http://culintro.com/culintro-jobs/?q...subcategories=

easy I live in Jersey and would commute, finding the right place and money is really what I'm looking for