Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OMG disgusted!

So you are avoiding the topic, gotcha.

Either you didnt prep your station right or you didn't have enough product in house. There should never be bad food in house. No excuses. My guess is the squid was frozen as is most and you didnt have enough thawed and ready. Or if you were out why in the hell did you have bad seafood in house. Bad form all around. No where in my kitchen will you find bad food. And if one of my line guys didn't have their **** right before service they would be on a short leash. If you have bad food in your station you throw it out. Don't be a hack.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerChef View Post
    Either you didnt prep your station right or you didn't have enough product in house. There should never be bad food in house. No excuses. My guess is the squid was frozen as is most and you didnt have enough thawed and ready. Or if you were out why in the hell did you have bad seafood in house. Bad form all around. No where in my kitchen will you find bad food. And if one of my line guys didn't have their **** right before service they would be on a short leash. If you have bad food in your station you throw it out. Don't be a hack.
    I bet he started blankly at the chef then threw whoever trained him under the bus. "Nobody showed that me!"

Quote Originally Posted by BeerChef View Post
    haha don't be a hack, I have seen it many times before, hate people that are hacks or wannabe's or whatever the hell you want to call them

yeah i think i might have been to lenient on you umberto blaming an overworked, passionless chef for the situation .I mean going by your version it seems like you were to lazy/inept to check your station and that brought on this fiasco.You should take responsibility for your station and the food your sending,hold yourself to high standards and communicate that to the chef. i have walked out of two restaurants cause they did **** that was totally unacceptable to me.But obviously you value money more than working in a professional manner.The fact that you are now trying to get a job by sharpening someones knives rather then proofing yourself in the kitchen speaks volumes.As far as i can see you neither have he passion nor the balls to succeed in this industry.I dont know how old you are or what your background is but if your so hard up there are definetly easier ways to make cash then cheffing.

That is unacceptable practice I don't care how late at night it is. You owe it to yourself to find a good kitchen to work in.