Thank you, Mari! My first J-knife haul

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cilucia

Reaction score
Had a wonderful experience this morning at Korin purchasing my first "real" knives. I'm just a regular home cook, so I didn't go too crazy:

Knives that I was considering
DSCF9532.JPG

Getting my new knives sharpened! I plan on leaving the sharpening process to the professionals... for now, at least :) {please let me know if I should delete this picture, Mari!}
DSCF9533.JPG

Pretty boxes
DSCF9543.JPG

My purchases: Misono Molybdenum Peeling Knife, Korin Special Inox Orange Handle Gyutou (210mm), Togiharu Nickel Damascus Nakiri
DSCF9545.JPG

I diced some potatoes as soon as I got home with the Nakiri - I love it! It felt a little heavier in store than what I'm used to (just some inexpensive KAI Pure Komachi and Kyocera knives), but it only took me half a potato for it to feel very natural. I'm super happy with this purchase! I cook mostly veggies at home, so I think I will get a lot of use out of this knife.

Here's a macro of ~1cm potato dice. I'm so amazed at how sharp the edges of the potato are! :D
DSC_0235.JPG

Looking forward to using my knives more :)

Very nice! Congrats on the haul it seems like you had a good time :spin chair:

This is a nice writeup too, you can tell that you're passionate about cooking. It's great that you like your new knives. Welcome aboard :)

- Steve

Oh my goodness thank you so much for your post! It was great meeting you Sunday. I'm so glad you're enjoying your knives. Please let me know if there is anything you need, I would love to assist. :)

At first glance, I thought you were saying the 9 knives in the pic were the ones you bought...after saying "I didn't go too crazy". Now that would have been the start of a very serious addiction :knife:.

3 is still a respectable haul, though! Welcome to KKF.

I love the look of the Suisin. The nakiri is a beast :)
I love the orange handle!

Very nice! Congrats on the haul it seems like you had a good time :spin chair:

This is a nice writeup too, you can tell that you're passionate about cooking. It's great that you like your new knives. Welcome aboard :)

- Steve
Thank you :) I do love me some food!

I like the sharpening photo. Impeccable style.
It was pretty bad ass ;)

Oh my goodness thank you so much for your post! It was great meeting you Sunday. I'm so glad you're enjoying your knives. Please let me know if there is anything you need, I would love to assist. :)
Thank you :D I will probably need some help determining when I should bring them in to be sharpened!

At first glance, I thought you were saying the 9 knives in the pic were the ones you bought...after saying "I didn't go too crazy". Now that would have been the start of a very serious addiction :knife:.

3 is still a respectable haul, though! Welcome to KKF.
Hahaha, I wish! I'm already thinking about what I should get next!!

being a knife nut is an interesting addiction. But I love it.

Latest posts

Back