Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ive got the "no more Game of Thrones" blues

Ive got the "no more Game of Thrones" blues

Last night's episode was a great ending to a great season. Im pretty bummed about waiting a year or so for more episodes, so I suppose I'll start reading the books. Is it just me, or is it completely bonkers that the GoT seasons are only 10 one hour episodes? seems like with the amount of story telling going on the seasons should be expanded somehow to compensate.

Not at all - there is a lot of fat to trim from the books. And stop complaining about waiting - the people that read the books - we wait 7 years between installments.

Also I think you will be disappointed - Martin as a quality of writing is in the middle of the scale - better than Salvatore and classes below the good work of Sheckley and Zelazny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzardborn View Post
    Not at all - there is a lot of fat to trim from the books. And stop complaining about waiting - the people that read the books - we wait 7 years between installments.

Also I think you will be disappointed - Martin as a quality of writing is in the middle of the scale - better than Salvatore and classes below the good work of Sheckley and Zelazny.
    I wasnt complaining about waiting a year for the next season I just said I was bummed, lol. But I also know plenty of people that insist theres plenty of good plot missing in the TV series.

I actually was disappointed in the finale. Not a lot of action and a lot of things that were slow and not very interesting. I did enjoy the dwarf killing his ex-whore an father though.

Quote Originally Posted by mc2442 View Post
    I actually was disappointed in the finale. Not a lot of action and a lot of things that were slow and not very interesting. I did enjoy the dwarf killing his ex-whore an father though.
    Yeah, basically 5 different storylines dramatically shifted in one episode, total snorefest.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    I'm a late comer to GOT. I'm just starting season 3 right now, but thanks for spoiling it!
    Great show, my wife even likes it.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

I think it was a pretty good season all around but there were some weak moments.

The Queen/Mother of Dragons has been stinking up the screen. Her final scene in the episode was cringe-worthy.

Some of the acting by Baelish/Littlefinger (and I really like that actor) has been straight turrible. He has been doing some weird Nicholas Cage/Steven Segal whispering and the whole... uhhh.. "push" scene was something out of Lifetime.

It is nice to see the story moving along at a good pace though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzardborn View Post

You have some suggestions for Sheckley and Zelazny?

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    The worst episode of GoT is better than the best episode of most shows out there.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    The worst episode of GoT is better than the best episode of most shows out there.
    +1