STOREWIDE SALE! - 185 Stabilized Blocks Marked Down

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
Everything in our web store is marked down between now and June 20th. But the sale might end earlier. These sale prices are not retroactive to previous purchases.
The purpose of this sale is to generate additional funds for a large wood purchase. I was just made aware of the wood and the seller agreed to sell to me if I can come up with the funds quickly. The sale puts the prices lower than I should be selling the wood for. So if the sale generates funds in excess of the amount needed, it will be terminated early.

When I posted this there were 185 stabilized blocks on sale at bargain prices.
This link will take you to the home page of our web store.

Last I looked there were;
27 Blocks of Stabilized Ancient Bog Oak
7 Blocks of Stabilized Curly Maple
3 Blocks of Stabilized Hawaiian Koa
30 Blocks of Stabilized Hawaiian Mango
16 Blocks of Stabilized Hawaiian Silky Oak
21 Blocks of Stabilized Oregon Maple Burl
57 Blocks of Stabilized Walnut
8 Blocks of Stabilized Wenge
10 Blocks of Stabilized Zebrano
6 Blocks of Stabilized Dyed Wood
6 Odd Sized Stabilized Off Cut Pieces

This will be the only storewide sale for this summer so it might be a good time to stock up.

Stop doing that, I'm broke... ;)

Stefan

Hey, just tell me your source and I may buy it myself ;)

Stefan

Thanks...Kind of. You sure know how to hurt a budget, Mark. Looking forward to them treebits.

Seriously???
For those who might be wondering, the Rosewood burl would not have been included in the sale. I was selling it for a friend. Now that it is gone I can't find more of that quality at any price.

Right now I have an opportunity to get a bunch of really good wood at a good price if I can buy it all right away.
So I figured it made sense to clear out a bunch of the store inventory at reduced prices so I could replace with super good wood that I normally would be unable to get. I hope this makes sense.

Any chance we could front you loot for future pieces of really good wood, Kickstarter style?

Good. I was hoping I didn't accidentally do anything to offend.
I kind of like you guys.

Any chance we could front you loot for future pieces of really good wood, Kickstarter style?
I might need to resort to something like that. In the past I offered in store credits at a discount to make a couple big purchases.
I'll try not to do that again except as a last resort.

The wood I am trying to get the $$$$ for is some really really really good Koa.
The Koa in my last batch of really good stuff ended up on several knives in Blade magazine and on one of the test knives for a brand new Master Blade Smith. I kind of get a thrill out of that sort of thing. To me, success is when I can find wood and have people say it is the best they have ever seen.

Well I just bought even more wood. This is becoming a problem. Can't wait to lay eyes on that Koa! At this rate, I can't afford not to get some.

I am really surprised that these 2 blocks are still in the web store.
The blocks were cut right below the graft line on a walnut stump burl.
The curved end is where the trunk bulges below the graft. Really good figure and cool curve in the grain that would look good at the butt end of a handle.
#8549 Claro Walnut - Stabilized Wood Block

and
#8550 Claro Walnut - Stabilized Wood Block

Latest posts

Back