Quantcast
Scale shrinkage on ZKramer - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scale shrinkage on ZKramer

Same problem here love the knife the handle pins are noticeable, but then I am looking at as extra grip of the handle when it's wet or slick.....I plan on getting it re-handled when it really bugs too much....still a great value.

Why not just send it back and get a new one?? They have lifetime guarentees ...

Quote Originally Posted by gic View Post
    Why not just send it back and get a new one?? They have lifetime guarentees ...
    Warranty doesn't include wood. From their website: "Wood products (including wood handle knives) are not covered by the warranty as wood is a natural element and thus cannot be guaranteed." But my sense is that they may not always strictly follow that (hopefully).

Interesting, I didn't know they didn't cover the handle if it was defective and major shrinking would seem to be that. I have to say, I love how they cut - it won't replace my Devin ITK or Shig but it's high up on the list of knives I reach for...

I have been using the 8" ZKramer for a week since I got it and overall I am impressed with the knife. The handle has a slight amount of shrinkage but hardly noticeable. Don't forget these were display samples and they sat in a display case for who know how long without the handles being oiled. Not surprised that some of the handles have had shrinkage. The 52100 steel sharpens real easy and takes a wicked edge. It is a tall blade with a great distal taper and a thin sharp tip . It has a decent flat rear section and not as much belly as I expected. For what I paid for the knife with the discount I think it's a pretty good deal!

Had that with a Hiromoto As Gyuto. Soaked it first no luck. It belonged to a girl with small hands so I put it on my table belt sander, dropped the heel some, other slight modification of the tang making handle little smaller & more comfortable for her.

Had that with a Hiromoto As Gyuto. Soaked it first no luck. It belonged to a girl with small hands so I put it on my table belt sander, dropped the heel some, other slight modification of the tang making handle little smaller & more comfortable for her.

+ Reply to Thread