KKF down under gathering in Sydney

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefcomesback

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I was thinking to go to Sydney cutlers expo in August 23rd or most possibly 24th . I thought to pm some members to come with me but I would love the idea of doing a gathering along same time , if any of knife nuts in down under , especially in Nsw are up for it , let me know. I am surer we can arrange something

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Probably not gonna go to the expo myself, but if gather is somewhere else in Sydney, I will join in.

Someone bring a shig i can test out

Haha I really wanna splurge out and buy a burke if he has any lol.

me too but i keep getting distracted by all the shiny

I doubt I can save enough for one of Bill Burke's but would love to see one at least in person .
If anyone knows not so active members of the forum please pm them as well , I got couple people in mind
Any suggestion for place to eat or hang out ?

if you guys want to play knives as well, i'd suggest maybe Japanese / Chinese with private room so that we are not looking sooooooo weird. lol

Anyone objecting to sushi?

Hey thanks for the pm mert, il be at the show, will be keen to meet some fellow knife addicts.

*** i love sushi!

I really want to come to your restaurant huw. Gotta plan a road trip.

Anyone know a sushi place with a private room? Hana Ju-rin (crows nest) has a private room for around 8-10 ppl they also offer Kaiseki which might be cool depending on everyone's budget.

I think Bill plans to have around 20 knives on his table, mostly kitchen stuff and a few Hunters/ Bowies

Do you think it's possible to convince a certain mr. Burke to swing by? That would be cool.

just a side note for people who is still thinking: there will be a shig kitaeji cleaver and possibly chanop's kitaeji western gyuto on the plates. and I may have something even more exciting coming as well:D

Yes yes ... Yes , please

Count me in!!! Fall 2015 though. Australian tour. :D
Will you be swinging by brisbane ?

Guys: this thread is making me jealous!! If I could I would road trip down. Damn family / work commitments getting in the way of a knife nut gathering ;)

Back