Heya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helleri

Reaction score
Just made an account so I could ask about a Kitchen knife I have. But, can't. Some sort of off the bat account restriction..Lifted how?

Might need a couple more posts, but I'm not 100%. Anyway, welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll have an answer within a few hours. Good luck!

Ty for the quick response (albeit not very illuminating, but I guess your probably working with as much information as I am on that). That kind of thing bothers me (more-so not having an upfront/easily noticed explanation). It also bothers me that when I go to reply, it requires that I have a title for my reply (seems more guest-book-like then forum-like. I tried to not put in a response title but it doesn't seem to allow this). On top of that it asks me a "random question" in order to reply... The same one it asked me to register and to start this thread (if the question and the answer is always the same, the point is...what?). I understand the admin(s) will do what they feel they must to limit spam. But, it feels like a big ordeal to just get to the point where I can actually ask a question (without going around the way the forums are set up and asking it in the designated 'newb area'). But, if the people here know their interest well I am sure it will be worth it.

So.... Do you have a question?

And welcome. Once you get thru the spam protection gates once it should get easier.

I do. about a sabatier kitchen knife I picked up a the flea. But, shouldn't I wait until I am clear to post in a more appropriate forum?

Bring it. There should be no restrictions on what forum, sub forum you can post on.

If you want to peruse the forum for other Sab topics, questions, etc you can Google with the following syntax:

site:kitchenknifeforums.com enter search term here

Okay, well I had looked up this knife after I had bought it. And, found out that several cutlers make Sabatier knives. I was wondering if any one here could tell me which company made the knife I have, approximately when, maybe what type of wood the handle is, and about how much it is worth if anything. Here is a picture:
sabatier1_zps7f038384.jpg

The stamping is a little faded. But I believe it reads:
"FRANCE SABATIER Rul
SEHONORE.84"

The mark next to it Seems to be a hand with a fancy cuff, And I can't quite make out what the wrapped text under the hand reads as. I think it may be A?SRIS (to the best of what I can read). The blade is 7 inch and 7/8 along the spine. The heel stands 1 inch and 7/16 tall. The bolster is 13/16 of an inch long (with a 1 and 3/4 circ). The handle is 3 inch and 15/16 (with a 2 inch circ). And, the knife weighs about 75 grams.

The stamp reads Rue St. Honore, which is the street the knife maker lived/worked on Thiers.
I recall from research about a year ago Those are the most valuable Sabatier knives there are (not sure why but probably due to scarcity)

That would be good as I am moving and could use the seed money, lol (unfortunately I am having to get rid of a lot of my stuff to make this move easier). Ideally I'd like to know basically what not to take any less than for it.

Back