Hello

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSmith

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My name is Brian and this is my first post. I actually joined the forums because I was doing research on buying a new knife and learning how to sharpen knives better. I came across Haburn Knives, one of the vendors here, and then joined up.

I'm just a home cook. I've been cooking since my mom taught me around 10 years old. She grew up on a farm, so she's been cooking forever but under the "Betty Crocker" style.

I got more serious about cooking in college back in 2005, and since then have self-taught myself to be better at it. I'm still an amateur, but I like to think I'm above average as compared to your typical home cook. I really enjoy cooking (and eating) Asian cuisine, although I've really only started to learn to do so in the past year or so. Other than that, I don't have any particular focus as far as food goes. I've just been learning by going for cookbooks with a bit more of a professional edge to them, like Ruhlman and Peterson. I also pick up techniques and tips from various cooking shows, although nothing from Food Network (I loathe Rachael Ray)! My wife and I have an 11-week old daughter, and I started a new job three days after she was born. I work from home now, and we're planning on moving back to Asheville, NC where we both went to school. Once I'm there, my next goal in my culinary adventures is to take some professional-level classes from the local technical college, which is relatively renowned for it's cooking programs - although it's probably not up there with CIA or Johnson & Wales. And, of course, I'll keep eating as much food as I can!

I just received my custom knife from Haburn Knives today; I'll put up a simplistic review soon (my expertise isn't vast enough to put a really professional review up).

-Brian

Welcome brian. Some really good knife skills videos on youtube from theory. Just type in rick theory or pcckitchen on youtube.

Welcome, Brian ... hope you find what you're looking for.

Welcome Brian! looking forward to this Haburn review!

Back