Quantcast
Masakage Shimo Demo Knife, I purchased, flaws exposed... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Masakage Shimo Demo Knife, I purchased, flaws exposed...

He did not state Takeda's couldn't be sharpened, he said his current output needed a lot of thinning.

The only thing you seem to do is bashing others, be it vendors, be it knife makers who's skills you're shilling etc. etc.

Im with Boondocker on this; get your act together and stop spreading your negative vibe.

I never thought i would be linking a video of this guy. Skip to 9:41 and pause it, there appears to be almost an inch long section of cladding near the heel that extends to the edge.

Seems like a hole to me.

So basically he didn't want to waste his time on thinning because it would take to long for him to justify the labor and make a profit. Ken obviously didn't mind doing it and the customer is happy.

Second of all. I don't think it is so much to ask that some real verifiable proof be provided for the Moritaka problems. If they are so obvious why aren't they documented. It's basically Dave's word and nobody else has anything to go on but what Dave says. That's a red flag for me. I think it's entirely possible that Dave got a statistically low quantity of bad knives from a producer who makes so many knives.

There is a probability there...But why do we not see these so called holes? Heck some dial caliper measurements would be pretty simple...if the grinding is that bad. Dave should have better evidence.

So some guy on the internet said something you don't agree with. World first.

If you don't trust Dave - buy a Moritaka. If you are a stakeholder in Moritaka sales - state clearly your interest and politely ask for clarification if you think Mr. Martell opinion is both so wrong and valuable.

The community here is awesome, helpful, everybody loves good knives and I have yet to see a knife bashing out of spite. People here have given advice, tips and tricks free of charge that contains years of learning and discovery. It is up to you to decide what to trust or not. This is the second topic going down the drain about someone's opinion you don't agree with - can you say at least why it is so important for you?

Isn't making a profit the point of running a business or am I missing something here.

Also how did your knife accidentally end up in a vice grip and snapped in half while you were working? Did you accidentally bend the other knife beyond repair while cutting carrots or something?

I like how you took this as an invitation to bring back up your nonsense about Dave Martell. Because it went over so well before.

Seriously guy, it's probably time for some Dexter-Russell sani safe.

dude no wonder you are sending dodgy food to customers obviously your busy breaking knives whilest at work.No seriously though i have got to admit you are the most entertaining moron on kkf at the moment.Really at work I dont have the patience for people like you ;i just tell them to get the **** out my kitchen and never come back, but after a couple of glasses of malt I find it thoroughly amusing how you manage to get egg all over your face each time you post here.Keep it coming
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto View Post
    So basically he didn't want to waste his time on thinning because it would take to long for him to justify the labor and make a profit. Ken obviously didn't mind doing it and the customer is happy.

Second of all. I don't think it is so much to ask that some real verifiable proof be provided for the Moritaka problems. If they are so obvious why aren't they documented. It's basically Dave's word and nobody else has anything to go on but what Dave says. That's a red flag for me. I think it's entirely possible that Dave got a statistically low quantity of bad knives from a producer who makes so many knives.

There is a probability there...But why do we not see these so called holes? Heck some dial caliper measurements would be pretty simple...if the grinding is that bad. Dave should have better evidence.
    OK. Go buy a Moritaka. Tell us how it is.

There are enough threads here of owners talking about overgrinds. If you don't want to believe those owners, again, go buy one and tell us how it is.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

A little offtopic but since this is going down the drain - what is overgrind (and I assume undergrind) - google image search didn't manage to answer me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzardborn View Post
    A little offtopic but since this is going down the drain - what is overgrind (and I assume undergrind) - google image search didn't manage to answer me.
    This is an overgrind on a new Moritaka that has become apparent while flattening the blade road.

It was not deep enough to produce a hole, as this next pic of the flattened blade road shows.

If it had been deep enough, a "hole", or area where the edge does not make contact with the board, would have formed as the knife was sharpened over time.
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”