Nightmare Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helleri

Reaction score
Not entirely sure why I picked this one up. I guess it was just so tortured and ugly that I kind of had to. And, like 'that one guy' on a long distance car ride...I also feel compelled to roll up the windows, flip on the window lock, and share.

Nightmareknife1_zps4ae20bd8.jpg

Hard to see in the image, but there are heavy obvious signs of someone going at this with some kind of grinder/rotary tool. The spine has somehow actually been warped upward (it is recessed a bit on the under side where the handle begins and jutting on the top side). That white on the handle is a chip with the valleys of it filled with some kind of white paint i think...It's just...gud gawd. If this was once I knife, I don't know what it is now. Any one have a Nightmare Knife of there own?

A jose canseco bat, tell me you didn't pay money for this. Sorry for the old school reference but I had to.

Nuuuu...no way I'd actually pay money for it. It was free. Kinda feel like I should have been paid to take it though.

Ouch, that bottom one looks more like a self preservation training dagger, lol. That second one down is interesting, being arched inward like that. I think these things must happen when people try to spiff up knives with power tools or something and it must just get out of hand.

My grandmother's partner had knives like that - "sharpened" them with a drill and a grinding disc. Frequently slipped and scratched the whole bladeface. Absolutley ruined them. He was a trained chef, too ... go figure ...

I have a Chinese cleaver ruined like that too, just don't bother taking pictures of it. These were ruined by an old chinese "professional sharpener" going around on a bicycle. I don't hear him yelling for knives & scissors anymore, maybe he's gone to heaven for good.:angel2:

Which is discussed before, only 1% of the world population can actually sharpen knives properly. Our species is the minority on this planet.

Back