Quantcast
PayPal Alternatives
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PayPal Alternatives

PayPal Alternatives

Hey Guys,

So it looks like I'll be banned from Paypal for life for the raffle thing which has lead me to look up Paypal alternatives. Amazon Payments (payments.amazon.com) looks like a really good option as anyone with an Amazon account can use it, and they don't charge transaction fees. It is only in the US, though. Anybody know of any others that are common or popular?

I'd like to be able to sell some knives on the forum, but don't want the buyer to have to jump through too many hoops, you know?

Thanks!
    Ben

I think google has a checkout system that works for several things. Not sure if you can send money person to person or just use it at online shopping carts.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Whoa. Banned for life? That's harsh!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    Whoa. Banned for life? That's harsh!
    i don't know, some of the people screwed over by paypal might say that they did him a favor... i'm not quite sure why paypal cared, though. they get their transaction fees, don't they?

Why did they ban you, Ben?

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

A couple of months ago Visa announced they would be rolling out a person to person payment service.
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/hom...sonal-Payments

It will be build on top of services provided by ZashPay. I think Zashpay can only do bank account transfers now, and your bank has to be in their network.
    http://www.zashpay.fiserv.com/consumer/index.html
    "Experience" is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Ah, so apparently using PayPal to facilitate a raffle was a big no-no. I tried to explain that it was pretty much just among friends and there was no ill-intent and that it was cancelled after learning that it was prohibited, but they seemed to feel a breach of Acceptable Use is a breach of Acceptable Use and warrants a lifetime ban.

Neh. Not a huge deal, but for forum sales Paypal sure was convenient since most people had an account. I'd hate to have to ask someone to signup for something else just to sell them something, hence the thread to figure out what else is out there that people use.

HA! The Visa thing would be super convenient! Would pretty much put paypal out of business if it weren't for eBay. And even then eBay is facing some pretty stiff anti-trust challenges in the next couple of years for the vertical integration with PayPal.

gun pal is an option\but its still ****** that you cant keep yor paypal

Sorry to hear you got banned trying to do a good thing Ben.