Thread: Yaxell Ran

Yaxell Ran

Hi guys. I recently purchases several Yaxell Ran knives. Purchased the 6 piece block set as well as the 255mm Chef, 255mm Slicer, and the 165mm Santoku. Any thoughts either good or bad on these blades. Thanks

In my experience they are very similar to the Shun Classic - VG-10 core in stainless damascus cladding. They have a better profile, more like a Japanese/French chef's knife rather that the Germanic profile of the Shun Classic. The handles are oval cross-section, not D-shaped, and have good fit and finish.

Decent knives that will give you good service. When you sharpen them, pay attention to removing the burr.

Congratulations, and enjoy them.

Rick
    “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

I own a Yaxell Ran santoku 165mm. I have been using it for years, like the blade but I don't like the handle. It is too big and too heavy for my taste, makes the whole knife handle-heavy... F&F are quite good though.

Thanks for the info guys

I still have the knife though, despite its handle... It is my beater-knife that I use when all others are too "special"...

Sounds good daddy yo yo. Im already wanting to unload all my Ran's for some sg2 blades.