Greetings from the UK! Shigefusa wanted

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FelixTang

Reaction score
Hey people,

Nice to join the forum. I've been reading here for a while now and there's some really interesting stuff to be learned. One of the main reasons for me signing up here is because I could use some help in sourcing a Shigefusa kitaeji 240mm gyuto...they're very hard to come by in the UK! I know there's a few retailers on this forum but if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate their help.

I hope to speak with you all soon.

Thanks berko much appreciated. As they're out of stock is it best to contact them and ask about availability or do I have to wait until they're next in stock? Do you have experience of using JNS yourself?

You can sign up for the JNS shigefusa newsletter, Makisim will let you know when things become available. I have bought many items from JNS and service is always exceptional. Good luck with the search. I have a 240mm kitaeji Wa Gyuto & a 240mm Kasumi Yo Gyuto, both are great knives.

Thanks Von. I'll sign up now. I'm also looking for a 240mm Tsukasa Hinoura gyuto (and maybe a nakiri as well), can you make any recommendations on who to contact about those?

For Hinoura Tsukasa you can try Jon from Japanese Knife imports or Daniel and Drew from Epicurian Edge, again both offer excellent service. Also Koki from Japanese chef knives has them sometimes. You have great taste in knives haha

Yeah, although expensive tastes as well! Thanks for the advice, I sent Jon a message so hopefully he'll get back to me. I've used Koki a few times on previous purchases...I honestly didn't realise he stocked Tsukasa's. Just checked and they're completely out of stock. I may have to wait a while

Oh wow, they have the nakiri! Thanks for the link, I really appreciate it. Now to find the 240mm Wa!

Hey Von, do you know if I'm able to get a custom handle through Epicurian? I'm looking at the website but can't find anything on there

Logistically, I'm not sure how that would work...would I need to get it delivered to the uk and then send it back to the US to get re handled?

Wow, they're some good looking knives. I'll check out the website... It looks like he does a 250mm gyuto as standard. Perfect size! Still...the Tsukasa and Shig needs to be part of my collection!

Hi, thanks for the link but 210mm is too small for me. A 210mm almost feels like a utility!! Keep me coming though

Back