Quantcast
Minneapolis in September
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Minneapolis in September

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.

Minneapolis in September

Heading up your way Thurs 18th thru Sun the 21st. We have a wedding to attend in St. Paul on Sat night and my wife will be working Thurs during the day.
    So basically I have Thursday during the day to myself to drive around and get lost or hopefully get into trouble with some of you guys. We are free all day on Friday, but are going out to dinner with friends that night(undecided venue).
    So what's up? Anybody wanna meet up?
    I'm not sure which hotel we're in and I'm praying the rental car company doesn't give me a PT Cruiser.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

Your hotel might be the biggest factor. as to where you go.

The way my schedule is now I work thursday/friday days and am off by 5 or 6 those days usually and am very good at justifying an excuse to go eat and have a beer around town after work!

Where are you thinking about the dinner friday night?

Now I am really hoping to see you pull up in a PT Cruiser. I should be able to make Thursday work. I have a fall menu tasting on Sat the 20th so I should probably work Fri. If you wanna check out my spot Fri lunch might be a good time to stop by.

Unfortunately I am pretty sure Karring is out of town for your trip. He and his wife are a lot of fun.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

I teach on Fridays but will have some flexibility on Thursday. Should be in town.

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    We will be staying at the Aloft on S. Washington in between 9th and 10th.
    I see on Google Maps that there is an *Old Spaghetti Factory down the street, so I will probably just be eating all my meals there.
    I don't really want to hang out with any of you guys anyway............................
    .....................where is a good place to cruise to so I can pick up chicks in my PT Cruiser?

*I'm ashamed to say I worked at an OSF back in my teens.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

You'll be right down the street from Bachelor Farmer and Marvel Bar. I'd pass on the spaghetti. :-)

My last trip was a family only deal that centered around the mall of america for my wife's b-day and didn't allow any KKF time (MofA is worth taking the wife to but you are going to lose several days of your life if you do)

My work trip last year was much more enjoyable. I definitely would meet up with Chuckles at Parma 8200, he is a lot of fun to hang out with. Butcher and the Boar is a don't miss spot. The duck foie gras meatball Tagliatelle is out of this world at the 112 eatery. I haven't made it to Bachelor Farmer or the Marvel bar yet, but have heard good things. Wish I could make it up there during your trip, but don't think I can swing it with the new job I just started. If you are driving up and want to hit somewhere in the Milwaukee area or the Kohler/Plymouth/Elkhart Lake/Sheboygan area for any reason, let me know.

+ Reply to Thread