Quantcast
Deba? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deba?

PTiger: Amazon seems to disagree, but if true I should sell mine. I do recommend the book though.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    PTiger: Amazon seems to disagree, but if true I should sell mine. I do recommend the book though.
    I should have made it clear that the book is back in print now. The $100+ price was from a couple of years back when it was out of print. Sorry for your confusion.
    “Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”

they are back in print again, but there was a year long period where they were not and prices skyrocketed

One of the bread bakers won't let me borrow it for that reason, haha

I checked out a copy from my local library about the time the price was going nuts. Liked it and ordered one of about 10 in stock from Amazon. Good read and technique is presented well. Well worth having. It does not however provide anything on sharpening or "opening up" a single bevel knife.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

even in japanese, there are few resources that adequately cover the real technical aspects of sharpening (as opposed to dumbed down versions for chefs and home cooks)

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    even in japanese, there are few resources that adequately cover the real technical aspects of sharpening (as opposed to dumbed down versions for chefs and home cooks)
    Do you have or could you make some videos about this?

i'm pretty sure this is covered somewhere in the 3+ hours of video we already have up :P