Masanobu VG-10 vs Masamoto Swedish Steel vs Suisin INOX Honyaki vs Gesshin Ginga Stainless

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends on what you are looking to use it for?

I have a lot more detail on the proposed use on a different thread titled, "help me choose the right knife". I just realized that you get a lot more views/comments if you list actual knives in the title! Sneaky I know, but I'm just trying to learn how to use this site effectively.

there is a "what knife should i buy" questionaire that you can fill out on our forum that will make it easier for people to help you with selecting the right knife.

All the knives mentioned are fantastic. I can't see you going wrong with either choice. What's a Gesshin btw? I have the Masanobu VG10 and love it! Great knife.

All the knives mentioned are fantastic. I can't see you going wrong with either choice. What's a Gesshin btw? I have the Masanobu VG10 and love it! Great knife.

Gesshin Ginga are sold at JKI (its a laser). I bought one a few days ago for a friend.

its a brand that Jon had perfected to his liking at Japaneseknifeimports.com I think the maker is Hamono if I am not mistaken

I knew I was missing the Ashi, for some reason I don't know what the hell it is it slipped my mind, I knew it was A something, I just didn't want to put like "Aki" or something of the sort to disgrace the name.

I knew I was missing the Ashi, for some reason I don't know what the hell it is it slipped my mind, I knew it was A something, I just didn't want to put like "Aki" or something of the sort to disgrace the name.

"Hamono" means manufacturer (or was it factory) and not really a name.

Tad Inox. :cool2: Or the Gesshin Ginga. Or the Suisin. Only an experienced user will be able to discern a difference on the board or the stones. IMHO.

Latest posts

Back