Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My new project - YellowHouse

Slicing and serving the salmon tableside.

Contentment.

Coffee Service!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I hope your guests fully appreciated what you two men did. I'm seriously thinking of arranging an overnight road trip to yellow house for my wine group.

Or would you guys consider a busman's holiday to the Philly area?

Bravo!

We had two people from Pennsylvania for this dinner, and they begged us to have one back home so some of their friends could experience it too. So it is possible!

And yes, everyone seemed very appreciative.

Hat's off to whom ever is drinking the PBR!

That is SO cool!

Dang. That looks like a great event. The food looks stunning, though to be honest I kind of expected that. What I didn't expect were all the nice aesthetic touches. The Edison bulbs, the nice plates, the slate slabs for the charcuterie... Congratulations on putting together an evening that I'm sure all your guests will be talking about for a long long time. And that members here will be drooling over for longer!

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Hat's off to whom ever is drinking the PBR!
    Ed and I have been talking about doing a dinner like this forever. It never happened because we never picked a date. About 2 months ago we said "fck it" and just decided on one. We wanted it to be on a saturday, and this was the only one we both weren't busy with work. It was meant to be I suppose, as July 30th is also the birthday of our best friend, Jay Camp, who died two years ago this past May. He was the best cook either of us have ever worked with and all around a great guy. Ed and I were roommates at the time, and Jay had come over for a small bbq. He was spending the night, but for whatever reason, decided to head home in the middle of the night. He fell asleep on the highway and his car crashed.

His drink of choice was a PBR and a shot of Jack. We offered them to anyone who wanted to join us, and then toasted to Jay.

Wait a second... did you REDACT a knife from that photo?!?! Are you holding out on us Johnny?

Tat is one of those new onyx lives!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by bprescot View Post
    Wait a second... did you REDACT a knife from that photo?!?! Are you holding out on us Johnny?
    Yes, I am holding out on you.