Quantcast
My new project - YellowHouse - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My new project - YellowHouse

That is beyond cool!!!! I would love to be involved in that type of operation. How much prep time did you guys put in? Two months? And I'm not talking about the food part but all the other stuff: decor, settings, everything.

-AJ

Damn this is really something, what a great set up you guys put together, I'm VERY impressed!

Sweet ...Looks well executed and I am sure it was extremely gratifying. When is round two???

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Ed and I have been talking about doing a dinner like this forever. It never happened because we never picked a date. About 2 months ago we said "fck it" and just decided on one. We wanted it to be on a saturday, and this was the only one we both weren't busy with work. It was meant to be I suppose, as July 30th is also the birthday of our best friend, Jay Camp, who died two years ago this past May. He was the best cook either of us have ever worked with and all around a great guy. Ed and I were roommates at the time, and Jay had come over for a small bbq. He was spending the night, but for whatever reason, decided to head home in the middle of the night. He fell asleep on the highway and his car crashed.

His drink of choice was a PBR and a shot of Jack. We offered them to anyone who wanted to join us, and then toasted to Jay.
    Like I said, Hat's off. Or as the French simply say, le chapeau.

Boots on.

Excellent work, sir!

It makes me uber jealous. People, for some unholy, unfathomable reason, simply will not make time to come to my house for dinner. I've offered free holiday feasts with days of work and nobody shows up! Your guests are very lucky, and so are you.

I see a couple of Markos there

Anyway, nice pics, wish I was there

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    Yes, I am holding out on you.
    Well, that COULD be the case ... or it could be embarrassment! Until proven otherwise, I will assume the obscured knife is actually THIS!

For shame, Mr. Chance. For shame!

Noooooo, you found me out!! Do you have xray vision?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

All joking aside, I showed this thread to my wife. The conversation verbatim is below:

Wife: "Wow that looks absolutely amazing! Are they in NC?"
    Me: "Nope. They're up in CT."
    Wife: "Oh ... want to go up to CT?"
    Me: "That's like an 8 hour drive!"
    Wife: "Yeah, but for amazing food!"

This is from a woman that complains that driving over to Chapel Hill (15 miles) for a meal is "a hike". That's one hell of an impressive event you guys put on!

Haha, good to hear. We have already had multiple requests for an event in Pennsylvania, so that will cut a few hours off your drive.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney