Chosera owners, how you maintain your stones?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabarete_cub

Reaction score
I just rinse them with water, wipe with cloth and store in the drawer.
Is that enough?

Sometimes I sing them lullabies, just to chosera though - I am not that crazy :p

Now that's a good idea. We just need to avoid "Hush, Little Baby":

"And if that mockingbird won't sing,
Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring"

I doubt they can speak English, so as long as Ruso doesn't sing lullabies in Japanese, he's safe to sing anything

Yep.
Just don't forget to flatten them.

Just what he said. Just make it a habit of giving a quick lapping after you are done sharpening to ensure its flat for next time use. Also depending on the stone, some stones clog and glaze over quickly so lapping is needed since a rinse wont do the job.

I use naguras which came with the stones for cleaning. Only #3000 seems to really need it. For the other two (#400, #1000) water is enough.
Yes, I know I have to be flattening them every time. Just feel terrible wasting so much material from the stone. What I do instead is draw a mesh,
then quick lap with diamond plate to determine high spots and then concentrate my sharpening around these spots. I'm not doing any production
sharpening, just learning and the process revolves around the stones, not around the knives.

Back