Quantcast
Where to buy platinum wedding ring?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to buy platinum wedding ring?

Where to buy platinum wedding ring?

Any stores that are cheaper than others, any country that are cheaper than the rest? Im global, so please help me find great cheap stores

I found this store, but its crazy expensive:http://gilletts.com.au/index.php?cPath=11_183

You don't want a mokume damascus ring from Delbert?

http://www.mokume-jewelry.net/
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Seriously! Mine's Tungsten, but when my wife and I have our 10th anniversary, I might just get some sweet dammy rings made up.

Most precious metals are fetching a pretty high price now, I had a local jewler make my wifes, bad part was the platinum cost the same as the diamonds. But hey she was happy. I would assume that platinum in Norway, US, Russia, or anywhere are fetching close to the same price. Currently in the US close to 1710-1750/oz.

Thanks
    Ill continue my search

I was sooo close to buy from del or devin, but I dont know if I would go damascus on my ring... I want it simple, cause Ill wear it every day for the next 40 years (hopefully)...

I got a simple platinum ring from a Vietnamese jeweler in Orange County. My Indian friends get theirs at Indian jewelers. If you lived around here, I'd say, get your ethnic buddies to get you a deal.

Engorged Member
    I'm working (slowly) w Del on a ring. While initialy the ring will have contrasting colors, the real beauty in mokume occurs when the metals wear differently. Ridges will eventually form and you'll have a really beautiful organic look. I have friends who've been married 30+ years that had mokume rings made and they are so uniquely beautiful, but not showy in the least. The metal will tarnish and mellow over time.

Pesky

If ou want platinum it's going to cost you. The material cost is so out there now that there is no "good deal". Your best bet is to find someone like me who does jewelry in their garage and doesn't have a big overhead to cover.
    The problem with platinum is that it is very expensive for the raw material and the stuff is tough to work so that it is very labor intensive as well.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Would love to see some of your work Spike. Where can a guy take a look?

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

I retired from the store where I worked after some physical issues made it necessary. Now I make things on a small scale basis, mainly for people that I know.
    I'll put up a gallery of some stuff just to give an idea of what I do. I spent 35 years doing custom work of all kinds in all sorts of materials, the last 10 with a high end store that had a shop that just served the store. Lots of gold and platinum and all sorts of precious stones.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

+ Reply to Thread