heiji is about to arrive

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

menno

Reaction score
4 months ago I ordered a 240 mm gyuto in white 2 with burnt chestnut handle direct from nakaya heiji. a few days ago he let me know my knife was finally ready. I think it will arrive tommorow. I will post a review after I have used the knife for a few days.
Menno

Considering mine arrives next week too I think I have an idea of how impatient you are :)

I was very impatient with mine as well, however it disappointed me later :(

You were disapointed because It was thicker than you expected If I remember well ?

4 months ago I ordered a 240 mm gyuto in white 2 with burnt chestnut handle direct from nakaya heiji. a few days ago he let me know my knife was finally ready. I think it will arrive tommorow. I will post a review after I have used the knife for a few days.
Menno

I wasnt aware Heiji worked with white steel, why did you choose white over swedish carbon or semi stainless?

I wasnt aware Heiji worked with white steel, why did you choose white over swedish carbon or semi stainless?
sorry I made a mistake. I said it was white 2 but it's actually the swedish carbon steel:O. I'm really excited and I have heard many good things about the swedish steel from heiji.

You were disapointed because It was thicker than you expected If I remember well ?

Yep, much thicker. Pretty much unusable for my taste at the moment. When I get some more free time I am planning to thin it and see if I can enjoy it.

I have asked for a little bit thinner knife s o I did not get this issue but not too thin either.

Back