How To Remove Raspberry Purée Stain From Cutting Board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skiajl6297

Reaction score
I managed to leave a container of raspberry purée on my cutting board, not realizing that some had spilled down the side. I moved it about an hour later, and I have a perfect purple circle burned into my board. Any suggestions other than mechanically scrubbing until it is gone? As you can see I tried coarse Kosher Salt. This isn't going anywhere fast. Doh! :O

xi2b8UC.jpg

Probably just sand it back and oil it

get it wet and cover it with kitty litter. It will take the oils out too so you will have to re-oil but the stain should go away.. Old gunsmithing trick

If that doesn't work, try bourbon and soda until the stain doesn't bother you anymore.

Bourbon and soda works really well as a stain preventive too. Two applications every night around eight o'clock since receiving my BoardSmith and there's not a stain to be found.:happymug:

Thanks all! I may just let this one ride and evolve. Black raspberry ice cream was totally worth it. Will always evoke summertime memories.

I don't know if baking soda will work but I gotta say for cleaning range tops a baking soda paste left on overnight sprayed with a little vinegar is truly amazing stuff, mbaked off crap lift like magic...

Back