Fingerstone tips

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob

Reaction score
So ive been rubbing away on shig kasumi yanagi with well prepared uchigomori fingerstones. Created a lovely mirror hagane and misty jigane with sharp contrast, but alas, no clouds. So is it just clear skies for my knife or is there other methods to bring out clouds? They also worked a treat on kitaeji, used takashima mud with them. Cheers.

When you say clouds do you mean cloud spots or a cloudy finish? I've always took it to mean a cloudy finish

When you say clouds do you mean cloud spots or a cloudy finish? I've always took it to mean a cloudy finish

Some shigefusa knives, when polished with natural stones will reveal "clouds" or a damascus like pattern in the cladding
AEF8B685-9DCA-471F-8986-317998A291AB_zps2iwqhogh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo credit: Schanop

Oh I see isee so that's the proper name, my mizuno does this as well but I can't seem to load pics on this mobile app. What technique did you due to get it so pronounced?

I should specify, I don't think mine actually does this because it is a single line that trails in between the higane and the jigane.

Latest posts

Back