Some of the very special things in our store

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tosho

Reaction score
Black Damascus Yanagiba and Kiritsuke
There have only been 3 or 4 of these Yanagiba ever made however this is the only Kiritsuke of its kind. Both are polished by Mr. Morimoto in Sakai.
P7071417.jpg
P7071419.jpg
P7071420.jpg
P7071421.jpg
P7071424.jpg
P7071426.jpg
P7071427.jpg
Here are some woodworking tools by Tasai (the chisel and Kogatana) and some flower-arranging hatchets by Takaba.

Attachments

• P7071428.jpg
    P7071428.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 206
  • P7071429.jpg
    P7071429.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 198
  • P7071430.jpg
    P7071430.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 196
I have no use for single bevels, but they make me reconsider my priorities..

I'm just speechless (and that doesn't happen often). More details please, and more pictures, many more pictures! Were these a special project instigated by you (that would be the corporate 'you') or did you just snatch them up when they were made available? How did he manage to maintain such a dark etch after smoothing out the surface? And how the hell did he mirror polish the backside without dulling the etch? Ok, guess I'm not so speechless after all, but a man's gotta know:pardon:

Be well,
Mikey

I'm just speechless (and that doesn't happen often). More details please, and more pictures, many more pictures! Were these a special project instigated by you (that would be the corporate 'you') or did you just snatch them up when they were made available? How did he manage to maintain such a dark etch after smoothing out the surface? And how the hell did he mirror polish the backside without dulling the etch? Ok, guess I'm not so speechless after all, but a man's gotta know:pardon:

Be well,
Mikey

Hi Mikey,
These 2 knives were special orders for us. Unfortunately we know nothing about the coloring process, its a secret of the polisher. All the polisher said is that the knives are not coated in any way and the color is derived from the polish. I wish we could give you more info.

Wow! Those are astonishing to say the least. I would of been reluctant on using one if I had it.

Just now seeing these...wow. Stunners, the whole lot. Is the appearance purely aesthetic? Or is there some functional value as well?

Back