• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Gesshin Hide Kensaki Yanagiba

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you like that handle? I was thinking of picking a couple up.

Sigh... this has always been on my wish list and I reckon the price is also good esp. with the new handle.
But I just had a very long conversation with my wife about my recent credit card bill... :spankarse:
GLWS!!

I recently picked up this yanagiba from Chanop, its a beautiful knife, but I prefer the traditional shape.

I have added an Ebony & Buffalo horn Handle which I got from Aframes tokyo

Here is the original sales thread
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/18429-Gesshin-Hide-kensaki-300mm-Sakai-kamagata-usuba-210mm?highlight=Hide

Photos available on request

Asking $475 shipped to the US

Thanks for looking

would like to buy the knife. new account looks like i cannot pm you. email me at dutterback@gmail

thanks

this one always seems to come up at the wrong time for me.one day i guess.
glws huw

Some pics
2BA38991-53DD-4720-A914-867EBB9EC3BA_zpsujhqvwdi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
FB17FC3A-45F7-4AE7-AAF7-C54FD59D3BA5_zpsi1phdl6b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
3D180C57-F0B3-4DAA-9EFE-49672594B662_zpslb1gchec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

milesonend is probably pretty serious about buying this, and though he's new here, he was a member at KF for a long time, and is someone i've deal with before and talk to from time to time... just FYI

my pleasure... i'm sure if he didnt get this, he'd end up asking me for one, so might as well help this one find a good home ;)

my pleasure... i'm sure if he didnt get this, he'd end up asking me for one, so might as well help this one find a good home ;)

haha yeah i almost pulled the trigger on the one in the shop a couple times, but realized i had forgotten about some money in my paypal account. so of course i needed to spend it.... it was like finding money in the pockets of an old winter coat :)

the gesshin hide is hands down one of the best line of knives available, ill consistently grab it in lieu of a score of other yanagibas in storage.

Back