Hello from Osaka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

New to the forums as a poster, but been a visitor for awhile. I am from the US but have been living in Osaka, Japan for about 4 years now. Decided to sign up to offer my input on questions and discussions about anything regarding knife craftsman and manufacturing to sharpening stones and sharpening techniques. It would be nice to not only share the stuff I have learned here but also to learn a lot more from this community.

I enjoy sharpening and usually sharpen about 10-15 knives a week. I have tested many whetstones and can sharpen both double bevel and single bevel knives. Although, I still have much more to learn.

All the kitchen knives I own are manufactured here in Japan ranging from carbon steel Sakai and Tosa forged knives to Seki City stainless steel knives.

Well, I think that sums it up nice and short.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
Welcome Joe, good to see another experienced sharpener/knife user here!

hi from germany ;) what are your favorite stones after all that experience?

Power sigma are my favorite stones to use followed by some naniwa stones. the power sigma select II #1200 is hands down the best stone in your lower medium grit range. Once I found this stone I started trying all the sigmas and now use them 90% of the time.
For naniwa, I enjoy the Gouken Fuji #8000, and do like the super stones.

Back