Quantcast
Busy day in the shop!

Thread: Busy day in the shop!

Busy day in the shop!

Well starting to settle down in the new position.

Worked on some pieces today. 9 midtechs. 4Wa, 5 Westerns. There are no more Wa's after this batch.

Also worked on a Gyuto/carving fork pair, made a handle for a Konosuke HD, rough ground a 9/8 Wade and Butcher style straight, and roughed out a ring! All in all, a productive day.

This evening was spent helping the missus prepare for my daughters birthday party, which happened to fall on my birthday. 12 girls at the house tomorrow... 9 and 10 year olds! Yeah!!

Gonna try to wrap up the handles on the midtechs Monday.

If anyone would like to customize the Konosuke HD, let me know, it can be for sale if anyone is interested.

Pics to follow...

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Why no more Wa's after this batch? I always thought western handles would be harder to make.

You are going to be a busy man today. Be thankful it's not 12 boys coming over!

As they are midtechs, they were all laser cut prior to delivery. I may be able to do more, but would have to fill the pin holes by welding.

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

I got it. I thought when you said "no more Wa's after this batch" you were saying no more going forward.

Happy birthday!!!!!!!
    All my best

Is the ring going to be for sale ?