CPM 154 and DewCarta

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is a 240 mm CPM154 Gyuto with Stainless welded/integral-ish bolsters.

Blade is at HRC 61, ScotchBrite finish

Scales are a new product called DewCarta. They have G10 liners, and are fastened with stainless corby bolts/epoxy

I just need to brand and sharpen

This one is the last of the prototype of the midtech line and is available. Asking $400 plus shipping

Looks great Pierre , somebody should grab it fast

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Beautiful weld work on the bolsters, very smooth.

Be well,
Mikey

Sweet. I normally don't like flamboyant handles but this is a very nicely done knife.

You should do another cleaver someday. :D

awesome pictures in your photobucket! where do you find them?

Oh snap! When I saw this the other day I missed that it was for sell! Very interested. Is this blade the same as the other mid techs- super thin with flex and a distal taper on the tip that's like as thin as aluminum foil? Wicked cutter...

As this one is a prototype, it is heavier. The starting stock is 1/8" so heavier above the heel, but still a full distal taper, and a nice thin tip. Convexed blade faces to help alleviate stiction.

What's the height at the heel? That distal taper looks deadly on point!

Thank God, that knife is finer than frog hair on a cold January afternoon in the Rockies.

It took a lot of will power to resist that knife, congrats to the lucky buyer, tough looking knife.

Great to see you back at it Pierre.
I have missed seeing the cool new knives you make.

I'll second all that. Great looking stuff, Pierre! And congrats to the lucky new owner!

That green is striking! Do you plan to make more handles in that shade/style or is this a "one-off"?

I missed this the first time around. Nice work Pierre! Love that green handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back