Wooden utensils something new for me

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
Well I'm mostly caught up on my backlog, and I was going to get a start on a new job last night, but I found out too late that I was missing a key part. So I decided to do a little woodworking. The bottom one is one of my favorite spatulas, although that's not the best name for it. I also decided to take a crack at making a spurtle. Both are out of birdseye maple, plain, I am planning to put a little board butter on them. For those of you with spurtles, let me know how it looks. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I had fun making them, and I might be making a few more. They are both about 12 inches long.
Thanks,
Del

100_1595.jpg

100_1596.jpg

100_1597.jpg

i agree the bottom design is great i would enjoy using one

The spatulas are handy, I used to have 4 in rotation in my kitchen, now I am down to two. I'll be adding at least one of these for me. I make a lot of one pot meals and casseroles. Mine get used every day. The spurtle is a neat one too and I know there are a few members here that love them. I wanted to see what the fuss was about so I'll be using one now.
Del

With baking I am self taught and probably doing a lot of things wrong.
But what I bake always goes away quickly and I like it better than what I can buy around here.
With that said......
I use a wooden spoon for mixing the ingredients for cookies and breads.
But the store bought ones have handles too thin to comfortably hold in a fist like I do when mixing stuff.
I would think a thicker, more comfortable handle on a stout spoon similar to your spurtle thingy would be a nice tool to have in the kitchen.

I have ten of the spatulas available now.
All Birdseye maple.
Price $24 each
$6 shipping for one, $1 for each additional.
Thanks,
Del

Hi Del. I would like to buy one of the spatulas and a spurtle when you make them. To save on shipping, I can wait for both to be available if that's ok?

Hi Del. I would like to buy one of the spatulas and a spurtle when you make them. To save on shipping, I can wait for both to be available if that's ok?

That would be fine. I've been trying to fit them in, but the last few days have just been crazy. I have several blanked out, but I need to finish them.
Thanks,
Del

Would you be willing to ship these internationally?
If so, do you have any idea of what international shipping would cost?

Would you be willing to ship these internationally?
If so, do you have any idea of what international shipping would cost?

I would be happy to ship internationally. The spatulas I can put in a priority flat rate envelope, and I think the International rate for those is $20, but I am not sure. I may be able to go with international first class parcel, which should be less, but I'll have to wait until Monday to find out. I will post Monday what I find out.
Thanks,
Del

Back