You'll Just Dye For These

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream Burls

Reaction score
I've mentioned in previous threads that I was waiting for a K&G shipment of stabilized and dyed Quilted Maple. Well I got them last week and worked on them over the weekend. What started out as a bunch of purple goop has turned into some very interesting blanks and what I expect to be some amazing handles. I did some single dyes and some double dyes. The picture below shows a sampling of what will be in the store later this week. I also show some close ups of the end grain which are amazing.

Top Row: Single Dyed Brown
Second Row: Single Dyed Black
Third Row: Single Dyed Blue
Fourth Row: Double Dyed Black/Green
Bottom Row: Double Dyed Purple/Blue and Purple/Black

The amazing thing about these blanks is that as you sand them more of the underlying golden color of the Quilted Maple peeks out creating beautiful patterns and contrasts. The blacks take on a marble look, while the blues remind me of Buckeye Burl. I hope the photos I put on the site will do these justice. I'm extremely please with how these came out and for the fact that I have another big slab of Quilted Maple all ready to be cut up. So if you like these (read that buy these) there will be more around the end of the year. The colors could make nice Xmas presents:biggrin:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back