Thread: FS or FT- Edge Pro with Shapton Glass Stones

FS or FT- Edge Pro with Shapton Glass Stones

This is the Edge Pro Apex Shapton Glass Stone set from "The Great Satan". It's about a year old and in very good condition with a lot of life left in the stones. It is complete except for the little squeeze bottle and the towel (it was basically just a blue paper shop rag). It has the following Shapton Glass Stones:

220 grit
    500 grit
    1K grit
    4K grit
    8K grit

The 220 stone has some uneven wear at one end due to using it to smooth out the flat of a Tanaka blade (see pics).

The 1K has a crack through the middle from dropping it. It doesn't effect its performance and you can't even feel it when you run your finger over it.

This unit has served me well but I have switched over to freehand so it's time to pass it along. Asking for $175 (includes domestic shipping) or will trade for a Naniwa Snow White 8K, a Gesshin 8K, or a large Takashima Awasedo from JKI. Will consider trade for other finishing stones also.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgepro1.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	24016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgepro2.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	24012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgepro3.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	24013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgepro4.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	24014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edgepro5.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	24015

Be well,
    Mikey
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Price Drop

Price Drop to $150 (less then 50% of retail new).

Be well,
    Mikey
    Mikey

Mikey,

That is a very fair price. You might have better luck over on eBay; where people have not gone to the dark side of free hand sharpening

Yeah, but ebay's a pain and I'd rather sell it to a friend (or at least a fellow traveler).

Be well,
    Mikey
    Mikey

I will take it. Paypal cool? My paypal is Verified.

Thank you!

Paypal is indeed cool. I can't PM with you yet because you have to have a minimum number of posts first (I think 5). Hop over to the "New Member Check In" forum and say hi to half a dozen people, that should take care of it. My paypal address is mkriggen@yahoo.com. Be sure to mark it as a purchase, not as a gift.

Mahalo and welcome aboard,
    Mikey
    Mikey

Just sent the Paypal.

I will be sure to pop over to the new member section as well.

Thank you!

Sold
    Mikey

Quote Originally Posted by mkriggen View Post
    . . . . Be sure to mark it as a purchase, not as a gift.
    Congratulations. If you'll pardon a digression: Maybe I'm just not sufficiently familiar with PayPal fees, but I thought that if a payment is marked as a gift, and the funds come from one's bank account or positive PayPal account balance, then both parties to the transaction avoid any fees. So what's the advantage of marking a transaction as a purchase?

There are several reasons for marking the payment as a purchase
    1.- That way both the seller and the buyer are covered under paypal's protection plans.
    2.- It provides the seller with the buyers verified shipping address.
    3.- If the seller is someone (like myself) who hopes to have a steady volume of paypal transactions, it keeps them in line with paypal's terms of use aggreement.
    4.- Last, and most important in this venue, it's a requirement of KKF's B/S/T rules... "Payments - Payments, via Paypal, are to be made under the "Goods and Services" option. Sellers are forbidden to request, or require, "Personal Payments" (aka "Gift" option) for items being sold."

Be well,
    Mikey
    Mikey