• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS or FT- Edge Pro with Shapton Glass Stones

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkriggen

Reaction score
This is the Edge Pro Apex Shapton Glass Stone set from "The Great Satan". It's about a year old and in very good condition with a lot of life left in the stones. It is complete except for the little squeeze bottle and the towel (it was basically just a blue paper shop rag). It has the following Shapton Glass Stones:

220 grit
500 grit
1K grit
4K grit
8K grit

The 220 stone has some uneven wear at one end due to using it to smooth out the flat of a Tanaka blade (see pics).

The 1K has a crack through the middle from dropping it. It doesn't effect its performance and you can't even feel it when you run your finger over it.

This unit has served me well but I have switched over to freehand so it's time to pass it along. Asking for $175 (includes domestic shipping) or will trade for a Naniwa Snow White 8K, a Gesshin 8K, or a large Takashima Awasedo from JKI. Will consider trade for other finishing stones also.

edgepro1.jpgedgepro2.jpgedgepro3.jpgedgepro4.jpgedgepro5.jpg

Be well,
Mikey

Price Drop to $150 (less then 50% of retail new).

Be well,
Mikey

Mikey,

That is a very fair price. You might have better luck over on eBay:bigeek:; where people have not gone to the dark side of free hand sharpening

Yeah, but ebay's a pain and I'd rather sell it to a friend (or at least a fellow traveler).

Be well,
Mikey

I will take it. Paypal cool? My paypal is Verified.

Thank you!

Paypal is indeed cool. I can't PM with you yet because you have to have a minimum number of posts first (I think 5). Hop over to the "New Member Check In" forum and say hi to half a dozen people, that should take care of it. My paypal address is [email protected]. Be sure to mark it as a purchase, not as a gift.

Mahalo and welcome aboard,
Mikey

Just sent the Paypal.

I will be sure to pop over to the new member section as well.

Thank you!

. . . . Be sure to mark it as a purchase, not as a gift.

Congratulations. If you'll pardon a digression: Maybe I'm just not sufficiently familiar with PayPal fees, but I thought that if a payment is marked as a gift, and the funds come from one's bank account or positive PayPal account balance, then both parties to the transaction avoid any fees. So what's the advantage of marking a transaction as a purchase?

There are several reasons for marking the payment as a purchase
1.- That way both the seller and the buyer are covered under paypal's protection plans.
2.- It provides the seller with the buyers verified shipping address.
3.- If the seller is someone (like myself) who hopes to have a steady volume of paypal transactions, it keeps them in line with paypal's terms of use aggreement.
4.- Last, and most important in this venue, it's a requirement of KKF's B/S/T rules... "Payments - Payments, via Paypal, are to be made under the "Goods and Services" option. Sellers are forbidden to request, or require, "Personal Payments" (aka "Gift" option) for items being sold."

Be well,
Mikey

Latest posts

Back