So how does a guy get this out of a park...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
I was on the west coast last week, and just happened across this fine maple burl. My wife figured, even with my 371 Husky, and its 30" bar, I couldn't get this thing on the ground, get the burl removed, and outta there before the Mounties showed up! I bet I coulda!! Crap!!
Picture1799.jpg

Wow!

I had a friend tagged in a Facebook picture once, they were in Austin, and there weren't even people in the picture. It was a picture his girlfriend took of a "ugly tree". About a 6ft pecan burl. I called him immediately and said "WHERE IS THAT!?" and he said, "I dunno, I don't remember where we were". One man's treasure, right?

Ok im game! Pierre, i will bring a 36"er and a trailer...Halfsies? Holy Crap that is huge...Have one like that right by me....Trying to convince the guy to sell it to me

I walked by the damn thing, checking the canopy, trunk lean, fall area, the whole shooting match! Wouldn't even need wedges! It even turns in like the small one on the top, to about 2" diameter at the base. About the same size as the "waist" of that one at my daughters shoulders. I had to walk away, muttering, with my eye twitching, and drool running out of the corner of my mouth!! Took two cups of coffee and a slice of cheese cake to make me walk away! :lol2: :censored:

HAHAHA! I bet! That thing is a beast! I will try to get pics of the one i am talking about...Slowly wearing down the guys resolve. I will also get out and get pics of the maple we are dropping...Not huge burls but a boatload of smaller ones

I walked by the damn thing, checking the canopy, trunk lean, fall area, the whole shooting match! Wouldn't even need wedges! It even turns in like the small one on the top, to about 2" diameter at the base. About the same size as the "waist" of that one at my daughters shoulders. I had to walk away, muttering, with my eye twitching, and drool running out of the corner of my mouth!! Took two cups of coffee and a slice of cheese cake to make me walk away! :lol2: :censored:

Just wait for a storm. Have the raincoats ready, and work fast. :goodevil:

Back