Cheap knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rami_m

Reaction score
Where can I find cheap used stainless or stainless clad knives that I can play around and pass along to friends and family in aust? Tried bst but no luck this far. I would like something that sharpens well.

Regards,
Rami

Do you sharpen the knives yourself?

For under $50.

I visit the local Good Will stores, antique stores, thrift shops and pawn shops.

I've found several hundred dollars worth of Henckels, an $80 Lamson bread knife and recently a $150 MAC slicer. And, the best part is that I've spent less than $50 on all of it. (The MAC was $2.99)

That includes a dozen Chicago Cutlery and a few other "not the best but decent" kitchen knives. Plus dozens of junk knives -- that where, for me, good to practice sharpening technique on.

I've upgraded my own kitchen knives and handed out some really sharp and knice knives.

Just a thought.

(And it's kind of like treasure hunting. At least, I kind of felt that elation and secret smile when I saw that MAC. I've got it in my sharpening vice right now and sharpen it today and over the weekend.)

Hmm maybe worth while trying some on the north shore or some of these posh areas

Quoting GibCurry:

"I visit the local Good Will stores, antique stores, thrift shops and pawn shops.

I've found several hundred dollars worth of Henckels, an $80 Lamson bread knife and recently a $150 MAC slicer. And, the best part is that I've spent less than $50 on all of it. (The MAC was $2.99)"

Damn. I've been to thrift stores in Seattle dozens of times and so far the best thing I found was a Chicago Cutlery chef's knife.

Last edited:
Damn. I've been to thrift stores in Seattle dozens of times and so far the best thing I found was a Chicago Cutlery chef's knife.

Maybe I shouldn't reveal my Lynnwood locations!! :happymug:

I'm looking forward to checking out Bellevue, Kirkland & Redmond...

Yeah, lots of Chicago Cutlery... still good practice and, once sharpened, can be upgrades for some people's excuse for cutlery!

Good hunting...

Back