Quantcast
Korin Sale On
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Korin Sale On

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    mr drinky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,079

    Korin Sale On

    Ok, Korin is having their 15% summer sale, so it is time to buy that honyaki takobiki (octopus slicer) you have been wanting.

    takobiki

    With that said, has anyone tried the Korin brand honesuki?

    Korin Honesuki

    It is only $95.

    k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    50
    Masamoto KS Usuba..... so..... cheap.....must resist.....wifes birthday next week..... must resist..... what can I sell......

    OK, you lousy enablers have at me!

  3. #3

    JohnnyChance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    3,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluaka View Post
    Masamoto KS Usuba..... so..... cheap.....must resist.....wifes birthday next week..... must resist..... what can I sell......

    OK, you lousy enablers have at me!
    You wife told me she would really like an usuba for her birthday this year.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    You wife told me she would really like an usuba for her birthday this year.
    Hmmm, she told me she didn't want anything.....

    When they say that it means were not supposed to get them anything right?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post

    has anyone tried the Korin brand honesuki?

    It is only $95.

    k.
    Anybody know who makes the Korin stuff? Looks decent.

    It's a shame that honesuki has "KORIN" plastered across it. When will the Japanese learn that we want Kanji on everything!? It could translate to "piece of crap knife" on the side but dangit, its just gotta be Kanji for me

  6. #6
    Senior Member UglyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluaka View Post
    Anybody know who makes the Korin stuff? Looks decent.

    It's a shame that honesuki has "KORIN" plastered across it. When will the Japanese learn that we want Kanji on everything!? It could translate to "piece of crap knife" on the side but dangit, its just gotta be Kanji for me
    One of the reasons (the other being high cost) that I haven't bought anything from nenohi. I hate the stamp on the blades - at least the wa handled western knives like a gyuto. Ugh.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluaka View Post
    Hmmm, she told me she didn't want anything.....

    When they say that it means were not supposed to get them anything right?
    I know from experience you better get her something, even if only flowers!
    I was told Suisin makes Korin brand.

    If you want kanji on your knives all you have to do is put it on with a small chisel and a hammer.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Calgary Alberta Canada
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichi View Post
    I know from experience you better get her something, even if only flowers!
    Oh, don't worry I'll get her something nice. I just always get a laugh out of the "oh, don't get me anything" routine....


    IT'S A TRAP!!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluaka View Post
    IT'S A TRAP!!
    I think so !
    So far I have bought all my knives and stones from Korin, I have always received top notch service from them.

  10. #10
    Senior Member goodchef1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    249
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyJoe View Post
    One of the reasons (the other being high cost) that I haven't bought anything from nenohi. I hate the stamp on the blades - at least the wa handled western knives like a gyuto. Ugh.
    I know its superficial, but I too have issues with stamps on blades. Especially higher end ones. I don't care how nice the knife is, if the name is just stamped or laminated on, it jumps out and smacks me on the face and says: Don't buy me! I'm not engraved!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts