Korin Sale On

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Masamoto KS Usuba..... so..... cheap.....must resist.....wifes birthday next week..... must resist..... what can I sell......

OK, you lousy enablers have at me! :evilgrin:

Masamoto KS Usuba..... so..... cheap.....must resist.....wifes birthday next week..... must resist..... what can I sell......

OK, you lousy enablers have at me! :evilgrin:

You wife told me she would really like an usuba for her birthday this year.

You wife told me she would really like an usuba for her birthday this year.

Hmmm, she told me she didn't want anything.....

When they say that it means were not supposed to get them anything right? :scratchhead:

has anyone tried the Korin brand honesuki?

It is only $95.

k.

Anybody know who makes the Korin stuff? Looks decent.

It's a shame that honesuki has "KORIN" plastered across it. When will the Japanese learn that we want Kanji on everything!? It could translate to "piece of crap knife" on the side but dangit, its just gotta be Kanji for me :D

Anybody know who makes the Korin stuff? Looks decent.

It's a shame that honesuki has "KORIN" plastered across it. When will the Japanese learn that we want Kanji on everything!? It could translate to "piece of crap knife" on the side but dangit, its just gotta be Kanji for me :D

One of the reasons (the other being high cost) that I haven't bought anything from nenohi. I hate the stamp on the blades - at least the wa handled western knives like a gyuto. Ugh.

Hmmm, she told me she didn't want anything.....

When they say that it means were not supposed to get them anything right? :scratchhead:

I know from experience you better get her something, even if only flowers!
I was told Suisin makes Korin brand. :thumbsup2:

If you want kanji on your knives all you have to do is put it on with a small chisel and a hammer.:beer:

I know from experience you better get her something, even if only flowers!

Oh, don't worry I'll get her something nice. I just always get a laugh out of the "oh, don't get me anything" routine....

IT'S A TRAP!!

IT'S A TRAP!!
I think so ! :lol2:

So far I have bought all my knives and stones from Korin, I have always received top notch service from them. :thumbsup2:

One of the reasons (the other being high cost) that I haven't bought anything from nenohi. I hate the stamp on the blades - at least the wa handled western knives like a gyuto. Ugh.

:lol2: I know its superficial, but I too have issues with stamps on blades. Especially higher end ones. I don't care how nice the knife is, if the name is just stamped or laminated on, it jumps out and smacks me on the face and says: Don't buy me! I'm not engraved!

Something about Kanji, particularly engraved kanji, makes me feel less conscious about the branding of the knife. A stamp that says NENOX! or the like just makes me think big company / Wustoff type knife. Now the knvies I have probably do come from the same type of company / facility that a stamp branded blade does, but just seeing kanji makes me think less about that. I'm weird.

Put all the Japanese writng you want on them but I think they should still have a brand name in English on the blade. I have stacks of Japanese knives that after 3 or 4 years I don't remember the maker of anymore. If I ever knew.

Back