Quantcast
WIP The most EPIC kitchen knives I will EVER make! WIP - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP The most EPIC kitchen knives I will EVER make! WIP

Made some progress on the damascus blades today. All are profiled and ready for Heat Treat.

The mokume is all made and now need to be rolled out to thickness. I have enlisted the help of my friend and teacher Del. He has the right tools and the experiance to get this stuff down to the desired thickness and sizes needed for this special project. Thanks Del.

So thats it for now. Im on hold for a minute while I wait for the Mokume to get back to me.

Mrmnms Im glad you like the look of the steel. I may of not explained myself clearly. Sorry for any confusion. The "look of the damascus should POP.. But we are limited to what patterns we can offer the Stainless damascus in at the moment.

I owe you a phone call.
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

It continues to amaze me, the level of efficiency you have on your custom production, or anything coming out of your shop for that matter. Nothing "seems" to sit around for long. Very impressive

Sorry about the bad picture. The top 2 blades and one of the small paring knife blades are for this EPIC adventure. There is also going to be a 4th knife in this WIP but Ill probably wait and just show the finished knife. As Its sort of a surprise/gift. And not a kitchen blade.

You may also notice there is a few other blades in progress as well.

Its a KNIFE LIFE
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Whats on the bench. WIP blades. 014 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	24292  

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    It continues to amaze me, the level of efficiency you have on your custom production, or anything coming out of your shop for that matter. Nothing "seems" to sit around for long. Very impressive
    Thanks Anton. I appreciate the comment..

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Don't you know, Randy is still employing the work of Santa's elves in his workshop.

There's still no explanation on how he manages to juggle moving, renovating, custom order and the occasional spec knives so well.

I see, I like, I cut.
    I see, I like, I cut!

V1P. Shhh. Dont tell all my secrets. These union elves are hard workers..

Availible Knives

Do I perhaps see a repeat of my integral bolster filet/boning knife?
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away you silly man or I shall taunt you a second time!

Ed, Its similar. But different! yet the same but not really. and stuff.

Go check out the whats on the bench thread to see what I mean.

Availible Knives

Hey guys. After a snafu with some copper. 2 failed billets of mokume later. I ordered in some clean copper and will be finishing up the last of 3 billets of Mokume. Its not much to look at really.. Just a couple of HUGE sheets of copper I need to make into a bunch of small piece .. But its the only positive progress in a couple days!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Damascus billets for sale  whats on the bench 020 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	332.5 KB 
ID:	24581  

Availible Knives

Stay positive, brother, we learn from our mistakes and become smarter & stronger because of it! 😎