Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WIP The most EPIC kitchen knives I will EVER make! WIP

Thanks Chef. Im trying! I did dorta get frustrated by the whole thing. Yet will take what I learned and move forward smarter and more able.

Ill post more images and updates to this one as soon as I can! Hang in there Mikey!!!

God Bless YA!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Loving this thread so far, can't wait to see the finished knives. Definitely gonna be checking this frequently.

Well. Fingers are crossed and prayers were spoken! The last of 3 Mokume billets is now in the oven and if all goes well will be solid and ready to be worked very soon!!!

I had to take a break and walk away from this for a little while. After 2 billets in a row failed. I became frustrated and discouraged.. But after a short break. Im back at it and raring to go! Things dont always go like you plan in the knife shop. and Murphy is almost always right around the corner waiting to jump into the mix. I have found that stepping away from the problem is often the best way to fix it. Then when I come back. It hardly seems like a problem at all. And I can normally see much clearer with the fresh start.

I have made some progress, all 4 blades are finish ground, Heat treated and cryo quenched, tempered and ready.. 3 of the 4 are kitchen knives. and the 4th is a hunting knife.

I just wanted to post a update, I hope I can tell you all tomorrow that the 3rd billet worked and start to move forward again on these!!! Keep your fingers crossed.

This is still the most EPIC project I have done to date. I mean really!!! Its Gold and silver mokume combined with stainless steel damascus. turned into a set of 3 matching kitchen knives. How frikin EPIC is that gona be!!!!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Third times a charm! And the quest for EPIC continues!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0129 (800x654).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	318.6 KB 
ID:	25539   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0133 (533x800).jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	298.5 KB 
ID:	25538  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0089 (800x758).jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	418.5 KB 
ID:	25537  

Availible Knives

Oh HELL yes!!!

Looking good Randy. Real PITA , huh?

Mrmnms. It was a challenge. and I had to step away after 2 failed attempts. and let it rest. I waited for it to speak to me again and followed up with 2 successful pieces!

I will know for sure how successful once I start rolling them out to thickness. If they stay together or not! lol keep your fingers crossed!

Thanks Chef!

Availible Knives

Just finished a b day party for 7 years olds. Hot glue gun seemed to be the magic solution to almost everything but birthday cake. If the layers don't hold, ya never know Randy.

LMAO!! Ill have to remember that.I dont think it will work in this application, Yet I can see the value of a good glue bond on a few other things I do!

I have high hopes for all 3 of these pieces!!!

Ill try and get some images of the set and the hunting knife and share here next week!

Blessings
    Randy

Availible Knives

This is a very interesting post thanks for taking the time to show us.
    that knife is going to be awesome.
    keep up the good work.

Steeley
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus