Quantcast
WIP The most EPIC kitchen knives I will EVER make! WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WIP The most EPIC kitchen knives I will EVER make! WIP

I notice a little change in those handles on your spec knives there. Are they a little wider as well? And what's a speed knife? (Sorry if I missed something here)

Marc. I think alot of what your seeing as different is that I have to shape and finish these out. As I do they change back to what your use to seeing.

I think I meant to say Spec Knife not speed.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Nope, my typo on the speed thing. I really need to stop playing on this forum so late and start getting more sleep!
    So, what's a spec knife?

ol. What I mean is that they are spec knives I made. They are not custom orders and are my standard 240 with handle materials of my choosing. They have nothing to do with this thread about making Mokume and or the knives I will be using the mokume on. Just want I was working on yesterday as the mokume cooked!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Hello. Today I managed to get some images of the damascus being forged .

Jr started with the big ol block I described to ya yesterday.

He welded a handle onto it and threw it into the forge to heat up to forging temps.

Then into the press to start the drawing process.

After a few draw heats the block is starting to look like a bar.

and after a hew more draw heats its turning into a rather large billet! And must be worked in sections.

Go Jr, GO!! Its almost to the desired thickness and is long enough for the 4 knives for this amazing order!!!

I took another picture of the billet of mokume that was finished yesterday. After sitting for a few hours the copper alreay started to patina a bit and you can now better see the layers and how I configured this first piece.

Did I mention that these are gona be the most EPIC set of knife EVER?

Thanks for looking. Stay tuned as this process is going to take a month or so to complete and I will be posting as I can.

God Bless
    Randy

Availible Knives

SICK

So far I have made 2 of the 3 billets of Gold and Silver And Copper Mokume. The second billet is a little thicker. Yet same layer config.

The Stainless damascus is all forged and surfaced. Ill try and get a photo of the pattern and share ASAP.

Thanks Chef for checking out this thread. I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment ..

Availible Knives

Sorry about the delay in this WIP

I did manage to snap a few photos of the Stainless damascus we will be using for these knives. I know it doesnt look like much noiw But Jr did a great job and its exactly what I asked for.

And I should have all 3 Gold and Silver Mokume Billets made by the end of the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP stainless Prepmonster 005 (800x533).jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	24153  

Availible Knives

Thanks for the pics, please keep'em coming!
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

That Damascus looks pretty outrageous. I could have sworn some smart guy told me stainless Damascus might not have "the pop" that carbon/ nickel could. Or maybe just not so many options. Awesome!