Yanagiba Impulse Buy!!!!! Did I do okay????

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
So today I went to my local big surface kitchen store to buy an end grain maple cutting board for my soon to arrive Hiromotos. The store was advertising a big sale.... I picked up a 2 inch maple cutting board for 60$ so I was pretty happy! As I walked out and passed the knife section, I took a look and was not surprised to not a single price drop on Myabis and Wusthof. However, I found this (the lady told me it was their only traditional japanese knife). Seeing the price at 60$ I couldn't resist even though I am far from an expert on japanese knives I had a good feeling! It was not label with any maker but the original price was 320$ canadian dollars.

Did I do okay!?!? (here are some pics)

Oh and by the way.... Do you guys have some tips on removing sticker residues? Some idiot stuck the price tag on the blade!!!
macyanagiba1_zps2b7aa121.jpg.html

ok and the pics dont work.... I'll try to figure something out.

Looks like the box and the knife are both labeled - you just can't read it. (Nor can I and most others here) If someone smart doesn't come along and translate, you may want to try posting a "help with kanji" thread.

For price tag residue simply use acetone or fingernail polish remover to take it off. You'll need this anyway if you use a magic marker to help sharpening.

I bought it at ARES in west Island.... However it was the last one unfortunately. Today I've been to the other Ares in Montreal....... Just saw the usual fully priced knife they usually have

$60?
Great buy. Your gut did well.
Congrats on the new knife... And board :)

Back