Thread: Crazy Board First Impression

Crazy Board First Impression

Just received my crazy board in the mail a week ago. Well packed and arrived totally undamaged. I opted for a lighter look because my countertops are dark iron soapstone.

Arrived pre-oiled, buttered and buffed. Smooth as glass, no detectable voids or bad joints. I though I would regret not asking for a groove in the edges to make it easy to pick up but the feet are high enough to make this moot. I really like the feet. Easy on the counter and higher than what I've seen before....really like them.

Of course it's a piece of art but it's definitely functional. It's been getting pretty much daily use and seems to be holding up well but of course it's time that will tell although I don't expect any issues. Highest quality board I've owned so far and I've got/had most of the top end boards at some time in the past.

So far I'm extremely satisfied - to the point I'm going to order several more to serve as gifts (and maybe one or two for myself.

Also it serves quite well as a place to photograph knives.

cheers

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	29440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0052.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	29441  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	29442   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	29443  

'Peg City, MB, Canada (633694, 5528676) UTM NAD83 Zone 14N
    I'm also liking my BoardSMITH board. Mine isn't the crazy mosaic pattern, but it is a custom thickness and without feet. The groove was also an afterthought, but the chamfered edges makes picking up easy.

I originally sized this one to fit in the drawer at my wife's preferred "station" but now she leaves it out all the time. I think it's a hit! I know I sure like it a lot (not that she lets me cut on it very often lol). This is a great cutting board.