Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some advise.

Need some advise.

Hey guys. I am looking for a new or replacement strop. I currently have one from Dave (wooden base with magnetic plates allowing to use various materials on one base) I went to buy a replacement leather from Dave's site and it seems hes no longer offering them.

Any advise or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Marko also sells some (but apparently felt only are currently listed, though I know he has supplied leather too):
    http://www.tsourkanknives.com/index....17-felt-strops

If you have leather, I think I have some extra sheets of magnet to cut. Rubber cement and your logo, voila!

Wonderful, and I just bought this system a few months ago.

I just use this...

Name:  strope.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  172.4 KB

Works great, lasts long time. When it breaks, easy to fix

Be well,
    Mikey
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

Mikey and Mikey!!

Thanks to both for the input. I already have my hands full so making a leather one like you suggested Mikey. Although more then doable. Is not the direction I would like to go. Wrapping a paper around a stone is a neat Idea. Im gona have to try now NO matter what!

Castalia

Thank you for the link. This may be just what the doctor ordered.

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Is there any other source for the magnetic replacements that you guys can advise me of?

Availible Knives

Larry. I looked at Marko's site, as one of my first searches. Then found the same thing. I have a felt I have never really used. Maybe I just need to figure it out and use that? It just doesn't have the right "feel" to me. Im using it as purchased. is it suppose to be loaded with compound to work well? etc. Sry if this has been talked about 1000 times. I missed it.

Thanks and Happy New Year
    Randy

Availible Knives

Randy, I use Marko's felt loaded with 1u diamond juice...works great.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right