Quantcast
Time to order your Midway Line Knife
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to order your Midway Line Knife

Time to order your Midway Line Knife

Hello. I posted to the original thread but also wanted to start a NEW post here to ttry and make sure its seen by everyone who may be interested in these.

Here is a link to the original Pass around thread. http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...way-line-knife

And here is a copy of the post I made and ordering info on this batch of knives.

Based off the reviews and info from the testers. I will make a few small tweaks to the profile and handle.. Most of the changes are geared to the front of the handle itself and the area directly in front of the handle. As well as a slight tip adjustment which will make it a better slicer for draw cuts and a little more pointy for lack of a better term. The resulting changes will also make sharpening more comfortable, allowing a more natural feel on the stones when sharpening near the heel.

I am ready to move forward with a short run of Midway line knives. I want to thank everyone for their help in the pass around as well as for your interest in these knives. Due to the nature of this small batch the price point is a bit higher then I was planning for the production version of this design. I also want you all to know. These will not be production knives. Rather they will be done in house here at HHH Knives.

In total I will do up to 15 Midway line knives.

Ill keep the order list open for a couple weeks or or until its full. whichever happens first.

The estimated turn around time on these will be Jan 2015.

To keep the price down down. There wont be options for handle material. They will all have. Canvas micarta. Similar to original handle on the pass around with a black liner and stainless pins. single mosaic pin.

Price point of the fist batch will be 295.00 + shipping Payment options will be. 50% to place the order. With the balance and shipping due at time of completion.

To order, Please shoot me a Private Message here on the forum. Include you real name. and email address. as well as the country where you live. This will allow me to send a invoice through PayPal for the deposits and to be able to know how much to charge for shipping when the knives are done and ready to ship.

Because I cant make changes or edit this post here on KKF. I reserve the right to modify or change the info above. As needed. Yet will communicate both here and in email of any changes if necessary.

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Just a quick note. I forgot to put the steel specs in my note.

The knives will be AEB-L Stainless steel and they will be a 50/50 grind. Hardened to RC 61/62

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Thanks guys for the interest in these Midway Line knives. as of now there are still a couple more open spots B4 I close the preorder.

To those who have already contacted me. I will be sending out PP invoices soon.

God Bless
    Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Midway proto Passaround knife 034 (1024x683).jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	24096  

Availible Knives

PURRRRRDY!

Ill be sending out invoices for this batch of knives Sunday. Thanks Guys!

Randy

Availible Knives

OK Guys and gals. I was wrong. I said Sunday. But I managed to get them sent today. Thanks alot for the orders.

Availible Knives

got the email on line tonight. stopped service for a minute to pay my bill. very excited for this knife, is it January yet?

Awesome Thanks!

I wanted to touch on the topic of PRICE for these. I messaged this to another client this week in explanation of why I raised the price from the 200.00 range to the 300.00 range.

" I am sorry I had to change the plan and price. I had originally planned on having these made as a production style knife like I did with the batch of Production Gyuto's. But that option has changed and without saying anything bad about anyone. I decided I would rather make them myself. Doing so means the price is a bit more. Honestly, If I could make them for 200.00 and still make a little cash to pay the bills and feed the family I would.

IF or when I can find a new company to do small runs of knives for me.. Or the company I have been working with tightens up there quality control.. I may proceed with a batch of these. Until then I would rather not sell you or anyone a knife that I am not proud to put my name behind. Even if I could easy sell 100s of them and make a nice bit of cash in doing it. That wont fix a bad reputation And that is why I really had to make this change.

The list still has a couple spots left..

Also wanted to add. You may of noticed I also pulled the plug on the second round of 240mm gyutos and returned everyone's money who preordered. This was done for the same reason as why I am not able to offer the line knife as a production knife. "

So there ya go. Inquiring minds need to know! hehehehe

Randy

Availible Knives

LAST CALL on the pre order.

Availible Knives

oh man, I am pissed that my car literally just **** the bed, FML, a total unexpected expense, wish I could get in on this