Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Slice O Matic

no more clumsy knifes and no more standing over your stove stirring and crushed ice at your finger tips .
    the BBQ o Matic IS NOT FAR BEHIND.
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

Hi Steeley

Do not even consider buying this Crap, I was tempted to buy this Slice-O-Matic after seeing the ad on the TV. I am not all that impulsive and decided to check the reviews first.. and boy GLAD I DID!! I saw this website http://www.asseenontvonsale.com/kitchen/slice-o-matic/ which lists all the reviews. I was shocked to see how people were being ripped-off by these telemarketers. What appears as a simple kitchen tool that costs $20 + shipping, actually turns out to be a shipping/handling scam. People have been charged $40 for a twenty dollar product. The infomercial is misleading, the upsell items that are claimed to be free actually carry a $7 shipping charge!! On top of that they try to sell you all other crap items. Ordering process on phone and online if full of nasty hidden surprises.

Always wait for these products to come in stores if you still have to buy it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curious jack View Post
    Do not even consider buying this Crap, I was tempted to buy this Slice-O-Matic after seeing the ad on the TV. I am not all that impulsive and decided to check the reviews first.. and boy GLAD I DID!! I saw this website http://www.asseenontvonsale.com/kitchen/slice-o-matic/ which lists all the reviews. I was shocked to see how people were being ripped-off by these telemarketers. What appears as a simple kitchen tool that costs $20 + shipping, actually turns out to be a shipping/handling scam. People have been charged $40 for a twenty dollar product. The infomercial is misleading, the upsell items that are claimed to be free actually carry a $7 shipping charge!! On top of that they try to sell you all other crap items. Ordering process on phone and online if full of nasty hidden surprises.

Always wait for these products to come in stores if you still have to buy it.

Thanks
    We were being facetious.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Quote Originally Posted by steeley View Post
    well when i was a saucier i never had one of these .
    i just had this.
    An ex-girlfriend had a few of these. They make a weird buzzing sound. I think her's were pink.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I gotta say, the reviews of the slice-o-crappic on the above web site are entertaining! Barnum was right, as we all know!
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

An instructor I know calls things like this "transfer devices". They are designed solely to transfer money from your pocket to theirs.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    An ex-girlfriend had a few of these. They make a weird buzzing sound. I think her's were pink.

I know right? My girlfriend has one too. Now if I can just figure out why the damn batteries keep disappearing from the TV remote...