Funny comment at my family BBQ this past weekend

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

Founding Member
Reaction score
My Sis brought a watermelon and pineapple to the bbq and asked me to cut them up after the dinner had been devouredeaten. I had the Hiro out for the brisket so I cut the ends off and made a full length pull cut, and split the two pieces three times then bread sliced it. It took longer to type it then do it. Then I cut the top and bottom off the pineapple and peeled it top to bottom made four cuts around the core stacked and sliced it length wise. I looked up and everyone was watching me!:Ooooh:

My sister said- I am pretty sure that knife has never been in the dishwasher.

They just don't get it.:lol2:

...and that's why we're here. :beer:

My sister said- I am pretty sure that knife has never been in the dishwasher.
:

Don't worry, in-laws can fix that problem in a hurry. They wait until you are slothful from a huge meal and watching a sports game. That is when they strike. The first thing they will do is marinate your knife (or knives) in dishwater under suds so you can't see what is happening, then they will wash it completely and send it through the dishwasher to sterilize it. They may even just lay it in the rack and let the knife dance around inside on the longest wash cycle possible. Once done, they will put the knife (still moist) in the drawer that they think all your knives should go into. You will find it three days later.

k.

I love doing pineapple. In my lazy, half-arsed way I cut it into rounds, skin and all, and then slice off the skin, round by round, and then remove the core in two cuts. This way, I don't have to open up the whole pineapple all at once. The rest can sit in the fridge under cling wrap until I want it.

I love doing pineapple. In my lazy, half-arsed way I cut it into rounds, skin and all, and then slice off the skin, round by round, and then remove the core in two cuts. This way, I don't have to open up the whole pineapple all at once. The rest can sit in the fridge under cling wrap until I want it.

Why not do the whole pineapple at once and then put the small (or large if you want to leave em in big chunks) pieces into a deli style quart container?

It is funny skills with a knife we think of as normal procedure or technique . some fine intriguing and dazzled by the the whole thing.
besides everyone loves Cary Grant .
imagesjmj.jpg
[/IMG]

Don't worry, in-laws can fix that problem in a hurry. They wait until you are slothful from a huge meal and watching a sports game. That is when they strike. The first thing they will do is marinate your knife (or knives) in dishwater under suds so you can't see what is happening, then they will wash it completely and send it through the dishwasher to sterilize it. They may even just lay it in the rack and let the knife dance around inside on the longest wash cycle possible. Once done, they will put the knife (still moist) in the drawer that they think all your knives should go into. You will find it three days later.

k.

You forgot about the abrasives to get rid of that stubborn patina...

Why not do the whole pineapple at once and then put the small (or large if you want to leave em in big chunks) pieces into a deli style quart container?

LOL good point:

1. I am kinda lazy and I would later have to wash the container instead of just wrapping the pineapple and throwing it in the fridge.

2. I have a notion that the uncut portion would last longer if I didn't use up the rest of the pine immediately.

3. Just didn't think of it. haha :D

:nah:"Patina, thats just a convenient word to cover the fact your knives are dirty, and you were probably to lazy to clean them the last time you used them!" Women just dont get it! "I'll just use my stainless!" :rant: :bashhead: But you gotta love 'em right? Isn't that what the priest said?

HA! That's a great moment. I actually timed myself when I got to work early this morning, how long it takes to make a fruit tray for 45 of a watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple, strawberries, and kiwis, cleaned, diced into comparable sized pieces, plated and cleaned up. Didn't take 15 minutes, and I was groggy from getting up early. Fruit should just be a non-issue.

I once had a boss come over and try to show "us" how to peel kiwis, everyone was sawing off the skins and smashing them. Of course, I was just pushing down and trying to keep as much fruit as I could. He looked over and said, "You've gotta get...yeah, see, he's got a sharp knife". I was like "hell yes I do".

It takes a split second to wipe a knife down! 3 seconds to make sure it's dry. Why do they EVER hit the dishwasher? It takes more time to put it in and take it out than to just wash the dang thing!

Back